Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I’ve kept an eye on Gallagher tonight. I appreciate it’s been a tough night for him but still think he’s very limited for the fees being talked about.

Weirdly still think there is a player in Jackson. Maybe at a different club/environment.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve kept an eye on Gallagher tonight. I appreciate it’s been a tough night for him but still think he’s very limited for the fees being talked about.

Weirdly still think there is a player in Jackson. Maybe at a different club/environment.

Was discussing Jackson today with a Chelsea season ticket holder and we both agreed that there is a good player there. He feels like a confidence player, once he gets some composure I think he will be a dangerous player, still only 22 too.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Really don't know what's to do with Gallagher. Strikes me as a decent athlete who runs around a lot.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Gallacher was great in his time at Norwich. He's been bang average since and not worth his quoted price. Eddie would do wonders for him.

Guessing you meant Palace? Thought that spell was hyped also TBH.

13 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Was discussing Jackson today with a Chelsea season ticket holder and we both agreed that there is a good player there. He feels like a confidence player, once he gets some composure I think he will be a dangerous player, still only 22 too.

Personally I think he’s hilariously average.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Guessing you meant Palace? Thought that spell was hyped also TBH.

He was very good, Palace fans loved him.  Notably he was playing a lot further forward though.

31 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Said in the last game. Think he could play further back ala Joelinton. Possesses decent pace and power. There's a player in there but clearly can't finish. 

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You just know whoever finishes third in the Championship aren't gonna win the play-offs.

I’d love Ipswich to get top 2 or win playoffs but they genuinely look very mediocre (even in context) every time I’ve watched them. Fair play that they’ve accumulated so many points.

I think Gallagher would definitely improve our squad, but money will be tight and there are other priorities.

Jackson is a talent, but his decision-making is sometimes schoolkid standard. However, he is steadily improving. 

I don’t see the quality player in Jackson. He’s clearly got some strong physical attributes, looks like he should be strong and has a lot of pace but his finishing is about as bad as you can get and his movement should be a lot better given his pace. He’s obviously young and can develop but he’s not an natural finisher at all

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Jackson is a talent, but his decision-making is sometimes schoolkid standard. However, he is steadily improving. 

Was watching a random Villareal game last season and his technique stuck out 10 fold but agree watching him week in week out, his decision making and composure can be extremely erratic. Don't think he should get the hate he does. There is a player there. 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don’t see the quality player in Jackson. He’s clearly got some strong physical attributes, looks like he should be strong and has a lot of pace but his finishing is about as bad as you can get and his movement should be a lot better given his pace. He’s obviously young and can develop but he’s not an natural finisher at all

He's def got more to his game than say Højlund. Least he runs the channels, gets involved. Man U fans calling Højlund Jack Swagger because he spends more time wrestling defenders than playing football.  

Have changed my opinion on Rice since he's moved to Arsenal. He's been fantastic every time I've seen him. Comfortable in every position he's played in at CM. Was everywhere tonight.