Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Looks like the playoffs are going to be:

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

Norwich/ Hull

That is a proper uninspiring list to teams, who do we want to go up?

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

Norwich/ Hull

Hull.

It'll just be fun watching those games hoping Leeds fail. I'd 100% take Summerville and Gray.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

Norwich/ Hull

Leeds.

For some reason I just have a dislike for Southampton, maybe because of the red & white stripes, maybe because of Le Tosser, maybe because they are nothing southern club.

West Brom are another nothing club.

Norwich have came up, stunk the place out and fucked off a few times.

Hull the same as both West Brom and Norwich.

26 minutes ago, Stifler said:

So Leicester promoted as it stands, and Ipswich need to win 2 of their final 3 games for promotion as well.

5 points will do for Ipswich, but their next 2 matches are pretty tough. Away to playoff chasing teams (Hull then Coventry), although Coventry's season will probably be done before they play, which might help.

If Southampton stay down we may be able to secure a cut-price deal for Adam Armstrong, who has only one year left on his contract, has the second most goals and the fourth most assists in this season's Championship, and would be ideal as a homegrown player to provide backup for the three attacking positions.

19 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

If Southampton stay down we may be able to secure a cut-price deal for Adam Armstrong, who has only one year left on his contract, has the second most goals and the fourth most assists in this season's Championship, and would be ideal as a homegrown player to provide backup for the three attacking positions.

Did Ashley buy us back?

Well chuffed that Leicester are back up. They wont just make up the numbers, they will actually try and compete. Can't be fucked with promoted teams that are as bad as the ones we got this season 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

Norwich/ Hull

Couldn't give a fuck who out of them lot will come up. As long as Ipswich are safely up automatically.

I'd rather have the smaller clubs come up and taste the league rather than these hasbeens who have went up and down the division multiple times. See Burnley this season. Bring nothing to the league at all. At least Luton have had their moments and brought their away end to the league. And Sheffield United gave us that 8-0 away day too.

If pressed to choose, I'd take Leeds back. At least their games against the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool will be something to watch for us neutrals.

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, Gottlob said:

No thanks Herr Armstrong 

50 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Well chuffed that Leicester are back up. They wont just make up the numbers, they will actually try and compete. Can't be fucked with promoted teams that are as bad as the ones we got this season 

They'll not be allowed to compete and will be forced to make up the numbers unfortunately whatever will they have. A tragedy really.

I can still see Leeds finishing top 2. Stuck a few quid on them at 3/1. Ipswich's next 2 matches look tough on paper (although Coventry's season will probably be over by the time they play) and they need more than 1 point from them to have it in their hands going into the final day, but I'm not sure they will get them.

Nowt against any of those really. Leeds the one I dislike the most but feel they'll add most to the Premier League and is as close as we'll get to a derby/short trip.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for both WBA and to a lesser extent Norwich. Nowt against Southampton but a long trip. Hull also a short trip, but feel they'll be whipping boys and unlikely to make it anyway.

In summary, WBA, Norwich, Leeds in that order for me.

10 hours ago, 54 said:

Leeds

Southampton

West Brom

Norwich/ Hull

Not exactly guaranteed Ipswich get automatic promotion like

10 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yeah Leicester can get to fuck. Small time midlands bellends who want to pretendy fight clubs from the bigger cities. See also; Nott'm Forest, Derby & Stoke.

I mean they have been crowned champions which is something but they’re still smalltime. Especially with those clapper things they have. 

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

Could be fun when they get the point deduction. 

23 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I mean they have been crowned champions which is something but they’re still smalltime. Especially with those clapper things they have. 

Urgh, I forgot about those monstrosities.

That’s a monumental fuck up by Leeds last night. Saying that, Ipswich could quite easily get no points from Hull away and Coventry away. Providing Ipswich are ahead of then going into final day v probably relegated Huddersfield at home they should do it.

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

That’s a monumental fuck up by Leeds last night. Saying that, Ipswich could quite easily get no points from Hull away and Coventry away. Providing Ipswich are ahead of then going into final day v probably relegated Huddersfield at home they should do it.

Yep, one point isn't enough to have it in their hands, and I don't think Southampton will put up too much resistance against Leeds on the final day as they will probably be rotating players and would probably prefer Leeds to not be a potential playoff final opponent. I'm not sure Ipswich will get at least 2 points from their next 2 games.

A bit of a shame Villa vs Chelsea and Hull vs Ipswich directly clash at 8pm. A shame one of those wasn't on now.