Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Said from day one that I’d hate VAR and my hatred gets worse e wet week albeit it’s not good for us tonight! Utter shite!

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The rules that lasted all but a month or two? I doubt it. What’s the games played comparison between the leagues including domestic cups? Guessing fairly similar between us and Spain?

I think you have just gotten used to the extra minutes, because what you are saying is simply not true.. The rules are still there in use.

https://www.ft.com/content/f4584a58-df20-4bdb-bd71-f485e590d0c6

Throughout the 2010s, something like six and a half minutes of stoppage time were added to an average game. This season there have been nearly 12 minutes. A total of 125 goals (13 per cent) have already been scored in stoppage time as I write. For the whole of last season, that figure was 84 goals (8 per cent). In other words, many of these “new” goals always existed — in some alternate, unrealised multiverse — but were previously blinked out by a referee’s whistle.

Couple this with the fact that there is way less timewasting in general due to the new rules, which may also have gotten increasingly better during the season, we are probably talking around 10 minutes more ball in play per game. Which again means more than 15% more football being played. Over time, that will have a real impact on player health.

Edited by Erikse

Ange just went ballistic on the touchline. Jury's out on him, but if they're not doing what he asks I'm not entirely sure what he can do. He's not that long into the job.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Strange strip selection in the Villa game. Can hardly tell the difference between the two teams.

I just thought the same, it's a real clash.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Losing Kane (surprise, surprise) has absolutely ruined them. Hopefully that little cunt Son fucks off this summer too.

TBF they are still fifth, so not that ruined. Sadly.

We need Spurs to get something out of this game, we can’t catch Spurs. It’s mad how they’ve got the amount of points they have.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t even be surprised if Ange is replaced in the summer tbh.

I think Spurs fans are all in on the 'mate' craic.

They are playing like us in December minus the injuries bar Udogie.

Fiorentina beating Brugge.

Speaking of which, more clubs need to have purple away kits.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We need Spurs to get something out of this game, we can’t catch Spurs. It’s mad how they’ve got the amount of points they have.

Mathematically we can catch them.

We're not going to, but still... 🤣

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

I think this is where league position and direction are two different things.

Spurs 5th and looking weak under Ange compared to Chelsea who are 8th and getting stronger by the game or even your Villa who are only one position above Spurs but look lightyears ahead in overall play.

Spurs had a really good start and play nice stuff but are soft as fuck and it's built on the sand of Daniel Levy upstairs.

Not sure what this post has to do with Harry Kane mind.:lol:

Just now, STM said:

I think this is where league position and direction are two different things.

Spurs 5th and looking weak under Ange compared to Chelsea who are 8th and getting stronger by the game or even your Villa who are only one position above Spurs but look lightyears ahead in overall play.

Spurs had a really good start and play nice stuff but are soft as fuck and it's built on the sand of Daniel Levy upstairs.

Not sure what this post has to do with Harry Kane mind.:lol:

image.thumb.png.3a6f021ae73d4724309b6e8baa8f29be.png

Took 26 of the first 30 points available and were pretty solid over Xmas. Definitely cracks there though

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

True, I just think the likes of us, Man Utd, Chelsea, West Ham aren't that difficult to beat, they should be 5th minimum with the squad they have.

I think Spurs have been lucky that our team has been obliterated with injuries this season - same with Man U, they should be about 7th.

I also don't think Kane would have made that much of a difference. There issues aren't really at that end of the pitch. Their midfield seems super soft too me and they lack options in wide areas.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Fiorentina beating Brugge.

Speaking of which, more clubs need to have purple away kits.

What?