Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Arsenal have the same problem as us.

A really good XI, but when they lose 1 or 2 key players. The drop-off is huge. They coped with the Jesus injury well, playing Trossard up top. They needed a Leicester season where pretty much their entire XI needed to be in-form and injury free for the entire season and that hasn't happened. They've ended up playing their 4th & 5th choice starting CB who are nowhere near it. Tierney, Jorginho & Vieira are not near it. Then Xhaka & Partey lost form.

That Sporting game cost them big time. Lost Saliba and Tomiyasu and they've never recovered from that.

The extra UEL games didn't do anything for Partey's legs who seems to suffer serious stamina issues. Not "in-game" but through a season.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

It is a bit unfair to dump on Arsenal considering City just blow everyone else out of the water by hoovering up the best players across the world. 

And yet Arsenal have the most players out on loan out of all clubs in the world according to football research undertaken by CIES Football Observatory from March, with 25 players, whereas Man City ‘only’ have 20 out on loan. (Brighton have 21, and there are 8 premier league clubs in the top 20). 

Wait, the commentary team on the arsenal games yesterday?!

I've never heard such underwhelming commentary for 3 goals against a title chasing team in my life. You'd think de zerbi had farted in their Coco pops that morning.

27 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Arsenal's victim complex this season is through the roof

Martin Tyler is a Woking fan I think, but he wrote a history of Arsenal.  I don't think he holds anti-Arsenal views.  Keown is a deeply strange man

57 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And yet Arsenal have the most players out on loan out of all clubs in the world according to football research undertaken by CIES Football Observatory from March, with 25 players, whereas Man City ‘only’ have 20 out on loan. (Brighton have 21, and there are 8 premier league clubs in the top 20). 

This has very little to do with the quality of squad. City have Walker, Lewis, Akanji, Ake, Stones, Laporte & Dias to play in defence. That's light on numbers but the quality is sky-high. Central midfield options include Phillips, Gundogan, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Foden. The quality is another level.

46 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

3 MIGHT be enough, but 4 would seal it.

Annoying that Liverpool have Southampton last game. Then again, we have Leicester at home who aren’t the best defensively. 

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This has very little to do with the quality of squad. City have Walker, Lewis, Akanji, Ake, Stones, Laporte & Dias to play in defence. That's light on numbers but the quality is sky-high. Central midfield options include Phillips, Gundogan, Rodri, KDB, Silva, Foden. The quality is another level.

But I wasn’t responding about the quality of the squad, but hoovering talent. 

3 hours ago, Beren said:

Agree. Their form has fallen off but they are 12 points better off than last year's total with two games to go. It's been a big year for them, they are just living in an era of an absolute juggernaut in Man City.

Yep, that was my point. It's pretty hard for anyone to win the title in the current era with the majority of best players at Man City.

I do think Arsenal should have taken it to the last day. Southampton & West Ham is 4 points dropped in any circumstance. If they held on against Liverpool then they are still 1st.

It sounds harsh but if Arsenal had finished 90+ points. You couldn't say the choked it in any circumstance. 87 would be a good tally but they were looking at 90+ about 6 games ago.

Similar to us again. We would've taken 68 points in August or even February. Now? Disappointing considering where we were after 33 games

Speaking bullshit here.

It was clearly, it took you 5 different angles, and a considerable amount of time to pick it up you fucking cunt.

You know if that is for Arsenal you deem it not clear & obvious.

This game tonight is not going to be good for my mental health [emoji38]

The soft goal Liverpool are bound to score, the soft decisions they’ll probably get. Best I not watch it 

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

This game tonight is not going to be good for my mental health [emoji38]

The soft goal Liverpool are bound to score, the soft decisions they’ll probably get. Best I not watch it 

Just hoy £20 on them winning and something obvious like Salah scoring or Soumare being booked.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

Just now, black_n_white said:

Leicester are not beating Liverpool tonight, they are honking.

Thought the same with Everton but they went and smashed Brighton 5-1! 

It's Murphy's law... Anything that can happen, will happen. 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Watching this, I'm wondering why they can't automatically turn on this audio when they're looking at decisions in-game. Let the fans hear this so they know what's going on.

Exactly right. 

It’s mad that fans don’t know how this process is used. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo