Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Daniel Storey is out there, looking forward to seeing his report on it (if he hasn't done it already)

I think if I was a journalist I'd love to do trips like that rather than just your standard domestic games all the time

Think he said he was out there all week for a long read and aye, exactly the same. It’s what I thought The Athletic was supposed to be but that seems to have waned.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Do you listen to The Sweeper podcast ? Supposed to cover the lesser Euro leagues, more in a curio way than a dry round up, but also covers lesser known stuff from round the world.

Edit, through that Podcast I've learned about tunnels linking Faroe Isles Islands and an undersea roundabout, the difficulties of the  Greenland domestic cup,TSV Hartberg having 11 shirt sponsors and a sperm on their shirt and loads more else 

Aye it’s canny ain’t it. Just nice wholesome stuff. Really fancy going to the Faroes tbh, looks beautiful albeit horrifically expensive.

29 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Don't they have some dodgy whale killing going on in the Faroes too?

Sure I saw Stacey Dooley over there doing a bit about it

Aye not commercially though IIRC. Old historical thing that they argue they shouldn’t have to knock on the head. 

49 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Toulouse fans sound exactly like PSG did at our place. Guess it's not just England where a good chunk of the chants are all the same. No clue what they're actually singing like so I may be talking total shite.

I was there for their home game against LASK and aye; just a few thousand Ultras doing a relentless beat, led by a megaphone and a drum.

He's such a piece of fucking shit. We account for 25% of this tosser's Premier League goals. 

Probably only second to Klopp in my levels of Liverpool-related hatred these days thanks to that one stat.

Was gonna say similar. How can he pluck 2 world class finishes against us, and revert back to his usual shit self against literally everyone else. Utter cunt. Fucking hell that game is gonna haunt me forever :lol:

40 minutes ago, wormy said:

He's such a piece of fucking shit. We account for 25% of this tosser's Premier League goals. 

Probably only second to Klopp in my levels of Liverpool-related hatred these days thanks to that one stat.

I’d anyone doesn’t think he’s gonna be a a class player one day is wrong in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’d anyone doesn’t think he’s gonna be a a class player one day is wrong in my opinion.

This. Just look at how he got to that position, top class play. Still reasonably young and will learn composure eventually 

Don't think there's a single team in the PL that would be intimidated by that Palace line-up tonight. There's no-one that would even come close to being a threat, it looks absolutely rank as an XI

Home win.