Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d be worried if I was an Everton fan, they’ve got so few goals in their side and they’re not even that solid at the back either

I think they are usually solid enough at the back, as you say though there are few goals in this side with their lack of forward quality and Calvert Lewin consistently injured.. Lampard has done an okay job at stabilizing them so far but im not convinced that he will have enough time (or even ability) to build and take them up the table before a bad run of form gets him the sack.

Edited by Nine

I fail to see how you could watch that game today and think Maddison is anything but a quality player. Two assists, hit the post, constantly creating one v ones for his team mates with his passing and carving out shots in tight spaces. 

Go and get him please Mandy and co, he'll be a superstar for us.

12 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Prickford has been dodgy all game ( I switched off after he ran out of his box then ran back into the box,with no chance of getting the ball) .He’s been dodgy for England on a number of occasions but I don’t thing any goals have been conceded from his actions.

He's been no less dodgy than Pope usually is. It's the price you pay for being a sweeper keeper.

6 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I've never really had any strong feelings on another clubs goalkeeper before, but i fucking hate Jordan Pickford.

Wasn't a big fan of Schmeichel denying us the title.

But that's more to do with destroying my dreams and ruining my life than him as a person.

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I fail to see how you could watch that game today and think Maddison is anything but a quality player. Two assists, hit the post, constantly creating one v ones for his team mates with his passing and carving out shots in tight spaces. 

He’s outrageous and would be obscene in our midfield trio as one of the 8s.

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Hes the best AM in the league behind De Bruyne :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's been no less dodgy than Pope usually is. It's the price you pay for being a sweeper keeper.

I don’t see Pope flapping at crosses like Prickford does or push more shots back into the danger area than Prickford.Too much is made of Prickford’s kicking.More often than not it’s hoofed to the opposition centre defenders.At times Prickford’s weaknesses such as the one’s I’ve highlighted are ignored by the media.When the pressure is on in the World Cup,Prickford’s weaknesses will be on show.Oh,and he’s an arrogant cunt off the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

6 points between 9th and bottom.

Some shite at the bottom, think we won’t be lucky enough to get rid of one “established” team. Everton or Villa getting it wrong would be glorious.

Edited by RodneyCisse

I thought Everton would be fine because they have a good team spirit and very supportive home crowd. However, if they don’t start finding some goals they’re going to get sucked into it. There’s nowhere near enough quality in that first 11 to be comfortable. Villa will be fine now Emery’s there, they’ve got a top 10 squad I’d say, or top 12 at worst 

24 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Some shite at the bottom, think we won’t be lucky enough to get rid of one “established” team. Everton or Villa getting it wrong would be glorious.

I think Southampton are going down.

Lampard might be becoming a worse manager as his reputation inexplicably rises. He used to get accused of playing naive attacking football, and now he’s transformed into a shithouse clogger. Everton aren’t conceding many, but they can’t play football. Once that defence starts creaking a bit more they’ll be fucked, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone before the end of the season.

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think Villa will be fine with Emery. He's top class.

Fat Frank might be given enough rope to hang that side with, but the owners tend to pull the trigger with enough time to save them. Wonder if Brentford might go?