AC Milan vs Spurs 

Liverpool vs Real Madrid

RB Leipzig vs Man City

PSG vs Bayern

Inter vs Porto

Frankfurt vs Napoli

Brugge vs Benfica

Edited by Manxst

Tough match for Liverpool, but then there was a 50/50 chance that they would have got either Real / Bayern or one of the Portuguese clubs, which they would have preferred.

Hopefully as many of them go through as possible. They've obviously got the squads to deal with additional matches, but the more distractions the better. Less time to prep for PL matches if they they have big European matches a few days before.

Man Utd's Europa draw coming up soon - I hope they avoid Barcelona so more chance they stick around the competition. Ajax would be perfect - a toughish match, but one they should win, and a bit more on it with all the returns. ETH would certainly want to win that one.

I've been thinking this for a few weeks now, but is this the highest quality Premier League season in its history?

I can't ever remember a season with such a high bar from the bottom up. The team at the bottom are on 10 points from 14, with 2 wins and 4 draws, that feels really unusual.

Teams like Wolves, Forest, Southampton, Villa, Everton have played some honking stuff but they've also had their moments and/or have ditched the managers responsible.

I can see the points total to stay up this season either being the highest it's ever been or 11th to 18th being separated by a couple of points and goal difference.

Edited by Kid Icarus

59 minutes ago, Manxst said:

last 16 CL games draw: 

Dortmund vs Chelsea

AC Milan vs Spurs 

Liverpool vs Real Madrid

RB Leipzig vs Man City

PSG vs Bayern

Inter vs Porto

Frankfurt vs Napoli

Brugge vs Benfica

Solid draw. No one clearly overmatched by their opponent.

10 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Really hate this. It's literally the manager's main job to inspire the players to perform for him. Only ever said about English managers too. 

Those fucking morons should take a look at any Gerrard match with him sat or stood there fucking motionless with his 100 man backroom team sat on their arses - Gary Macallister genuinely not standing up at any point, or Critchley his number 2, then watch this - this guy basically coaches the team through the game, changes tactics where he needs to and kicks every ball. It's one match but fuck me, finally some life on the bench after that entitled media-darling hard man bullshit from Gerrard.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/video/0_l593hpnk

9 minutes ago, brummie said:

Those fucking morons should take a look at any Gerrard match with him sat or stood there fucking motionless with his 100 man backroom team sat on their arses - Gary Macallister genuinely not standing up at any point, or Critchley his number 2, then watch this - this guy basically coaches the team through the game, changes tactics where he needs to and kicks every ball. It's one match but fuck me, finally some life on the bench after that entitled media-darling hard man bullshit from Gerrard.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/video/0_l593hpnk

Yeah but will Emery stare down the Everton fans? No. Exactly. Stevie G doesn't back down, he doubles down. 

28 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Our friendly opponents beating Real Madrid currently.

I don't get that friendly. Played in Spain  or Portugal or somewhere like that ok but after warm weather training why play in the North East when it's likely to be tipping it down. I'm guessing Vallecano will be amply compensated cos it really makes no sense for them.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, madras said:

I don't get that friendly. Played in Spain  or Portugal or somewhere like that ok but after warm weather training why play in the North East when it's likely to be tipping it down. I'm guessing Vallecano will be amply compensated cos it really ages no sense for them.

If we get through tomorrow we have a league cup game before Christmas I’m sure too?

Something about long walks for managers to their seats at stadium's like at Villa and Man Utd that makes me really uncomfortable [emoji38]. When things are going really really bad it must be absolutely awful getting hurled abuse while the rest of the stadium boos. 

Glad Bruce has had to do the walk of shame at Villa though.