Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

He certainly doesn’t look as sharp as before, but he plays in a side that make few chances. He’s still great in the air but he’s almost entirely dependent on Iwobi for playing through balls as they have so few creative players 

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I’m thankful every day we have Howe as manger than someone like this. 

Every loss he’s throwing someone under the bus and separating himself from the issue. 

He’s such a tosser. I’m surprised that there seems to be plenty of Everton fans that support him and are also blaming the players. Are they just lapping up his bullshit? 

I don’t watch them enough to know if the players are phoning it in and not

putting in the effort. But the few times I have seen them. I thought they looked like a team that grafted and got stuck in. But just lacked any sort of idea of how to build an attack, control a game or even play effectively on the counter. 

Either way, him just blaming the players every week, the same as Gerrard did. Just seems like a daft thing to be doing. 

He has improved the results a bit but I get the impression that's to do with just being less ambitious and sitting deeper. Albeit not having watching them that much. 

I would have gone nowhere near Gerrard or Lampard until they had proven success behind them.

Does show what can happen in the cup if you play your reserves though.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

He's tightened them up a lot at the back by defending deeper and moving to a more counter attacking team. I actually think Lampard deserves credit for this as this wasn't his brand of football going in but the alternative wasn't working. Iwobi also seems a different player than he was now playing through the middle not dissimilar to Joelinton style role. I find him as unlikeable as anyone but whereas Stevie G just stagnated and stagnated at least Lampard changed things up and was pragmatic about getting a working system in. If they avoid relegation concerns this season I doubt he will be in trouble but he will be expected to get more ambitious in how they play moving forward.