Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’s extremely unlikeable, Gordon. Struggling to think of someone else in the league I dislike as much, Bruno Fernandes is up there but I think Gordon’s top

Despice him more than Bruce and Pardew me :lol: Especially now that they are gone. 2d faced rat cunt.

Edited by Ikon

If Calvert-Lewin has another one of his three month injury absences they’re absolutely fucked. They need another striker more than any other side in the league, well Wolves maybe 

Edited by gbandit

18 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If Calvert-Lewin has another one of his three month injury absences they’re absolutely fucked. They need another striker more than any other side in the league, well Wolves maybe 

He's been utter crap for a while now Tbf. Think they are better off playing Maupay up front and hope the goals will come from other players on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Proper Steve Bruce tactics from Lamps.

Honestly don't get this line of thinking from managers. Winning breeds confidence, and when you're as bad as Everton are, a confidence boost could make all the difference.

On a separate note though, imagine how class it'd be if the cups had enough economic insensitives to be worthwhile even for relegation fodder, and even more so for lower league teams. To the point where if you get relegated, you could still say "aye well we went down, but got to a semi final in the cup, so that's half of that money already recouped". As it is now, unless you actually win the bloody thing and get to Europe, there is so little incentive for a relegation candidate (other than what I said above regarding confidence) to take the cups seriously.