Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Not the other way around?

Was thinking more in the context of having missed a penalty and not getting three points in a home fixture against a direct relegation rival

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Take Palace for example. They'll continue to stink 11-16th for the foreseeable. Leicester made an impact. Even after the title win they had a rebuild and came back with a very good side. 

Was our lot under Ashley forever in his ideal world. So we know from experience.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Was thinking more in the context of having missed a penalty and not getting three points in a home fixture against a direct relegation rival

I get you. Big missed opportunity definitely.

Everton have Brighton and Man City next :lol:

If I didn't know any better I'd guess that Everton and Leeds are down based on their remaining fixtures.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Same, they're both fucking terrible and Leeds shouldnt get another point given their fixtures, cant remember Forest's. But one can dream.

Had a look earlier and was pleasantly surprised to see Forest had Southampton at home next

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Had a look earlier and was pleasantly surprised to see Forest had Southampton at home next

It’s probably absolute last chance for Southampton too - I know they’ve been written off but their GD isn’t that worse than anyone around them (and it’s the same as Forest’s) and a win would leave them three points from the drop.  It’s obviously a forlorn hope for them but you never know

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

What game was Carragher watching saying Everton were by far the better team?

They were, but not by much. Should have won and would have if dyche had a set.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

What game was Carragher watching saying Everton were by far the better team?

Maybe not far the better team but they were the better team I thought. Started very well and finished very well.  Had the best chances. That DCL miss ? 

35 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Even if Leicester go down I wouldn't swap a thing if I was a Leicester fan. Premier League winners, FA Cup Winners, CL Quarter Finalists, some attractive teams to watch, top 6 finishes. Been a miraculous 7-8 years since promotion. 

Which makes their current state all the more baffling. All that success and now flirting with relegation. Granted, they did the same before winning the league.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Thought it was relatively even over the full game, personally. Both teams were on top at times, Everton seemed to have more effort but Leicester had more quality on the ball.

Wasn’t loads in it and agree Leicester in the middle of the pitch had a bit more quality but thought Everton were on top and were shaken with the Coleman injury as much as the goals conceded. Second half I thought Everton were in general the stronger team and looked most likely to win it.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Which makes their current state all the more baffling. All that success and now flirting with relegation. Granted, they did the same before winning the league.

The owner who was the clear driving force of the club dying in the helicopter crash probably is what you are missing.

48 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Leicester are lucky they don't have Ward in net, they'd be losing if they had him

Ward is one of the shittest keepers I've seen in my lifetime in top level football. Absolute fucking pony.

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Might have just been Everton having no confidence at all, but seemed like Dyche's tactics cost Everton there. If they had any attacking intent at all, that game was there for the taking.

What? Did you not see the chances they had? First half, they pressens Leicester very high up the pitch and had something like 15 attempts. Second half they tired, plus their team is mostly absolute dross, but wouldn't say them not winning had anything to do with Dyches tactics today.

Weird game though, both teams will feel like they should have won that game. 

Personally think it says a lot about Cuntvert-Lewin that his 'best' performances were under world class managers in Ancelotti and Rafa. He's been nothing short of the fucking shit champo-level striker he is under any other coach.

11 minutes ago, Nobody said:

What? Did you not see the chances they had? First half, they pressens Leicester very high up the pitch and had something like 15 attempts. Second half they tired, plus their team is mostly absolute dross, but wouldn't say them not winning had anything to do with Dyches tactics today.

Weird game though, both teams will feel like they should have won that game. 

In both halves it felt like they retreated down the pitch after they scored. Bringing Grey on for example might have stretched things a touch more. They were well worth a point though.