Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, simonsays said:

Is Kante playing up front?  

Lampard used to have him as the most advanced midfielder when he was last manager. Presumably the thinking is that he's the best player for pressing a defence. I think he got a few goals at the time but it never looked right and Kante's not the player he was now anyway.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Arteta so far out of his box he looked like he was about to go flying down the fucking wing.

Hes got a habit of sticking his foot out before the ball goes out of play. I'd love to be a winger or full back on his side. I'd go right through him when he tries it

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Lampard used to have him as the most advanced midfielder when he was last manager. Presumably the thinking is that he's the best player for pressing a defence. I think he got a few goals at the time but it never looked right and Kante's not the player he was now anyway.

Shades of Pardew trying to force Tiote into becoming Essien because he scored a goal.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Another absolute joke of a decision. That isn't handball on Fofana, despite clearly hitting his hand sticking out, but Wilson's at Brentford with his arm pinned to his side was. Fuck off man

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment, the rules for handball are different for attackers than they are for defenders. Utter bollocks, I know.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Whilst I fully agree with the sentiment, the rules for handball are different for attackers than they are for defenders. Utter bollocks, I know.

Must say, in the moment I wasn't thinking of that side of it. 

6 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Has Sterling gone past a man since his move ?

Every time I've seen him for Chelsea this season he's looked absolutely knackered, even after just coming on as a sub. Wonder if he's one of those who's burnt out early