Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United (23/10/2022)

BlueStar

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

NB am I alone in thinking the 'Bruno in the middle' song is complete wank? 

Don't really like the magic hat song.  But it's far better than this.  

At least we have some chants for our players, again.  Could do with mixing up the songs now and then, as we do seem to get stuck on repeat a lot of away games :lol:   But there was a long spell of going to games where hardly any of our squad at the time had their own song.  Comes with the territory, I guess.  Poorly run club and not many decent or likeable players a lot of the time. 

Was mid-flight yesterday so had to follow the BBC text rather than watch live. Just managed to watch the highlights and was expecting the Wilson goal to be more contentious - nothing in it at all [emoji38] 

Lovely to see us still push after their goal and we had the better chances overall. Wilson just needed a touch off that Willock strike...

Edited by Hhtoon

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Incidentally I wish I could watch our matches and sync Radio Newcastle with it, Raizor's really good. 

I'd agree if it wasn't for Ando.

You can do that on the US sports online services like MLB, choose your audio feed and it syncs with the picture from the TV company. 

40 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Don't really like the magic hat song.  But it's far better than this.  

At least we have some chants for our players, again.  Could do with mixing up the songs now and then, as we do seem to get stuck on repeat a lot of away games :lol:   But there was a long spell of going to games where hardly any of our squad at the time had their own song.  Comes with the territory, I guess.  Poorly run club and not many decent or likeable players a lot of the time. 

The magic hat song isn’t great for kids though…much prefer the Bruno in the middle so I don’t have to rewrite the lyrics!

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'd agree if it wasn't for Ando.

You can do that on the US sports online services like MLB, choose your audio feed and it syncs with the picture from the TV company. 

As much of a misery Ando is, in a way it's good because when he enjoys something it has more meaning. He's also sometimes funny as well. The way he reacted to Targett clearing it off the line vs Burnley was class. Yesterday when a corner was played to Schar and he goes 'OH HE'S ALL ON HIS OWN!!' proper got me. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maybe it's more bearable when we're not terrible. 

Yeah, I really really didn't like him during the Pardew era when he would defend him to the hilt and do the whole 'be careful what you wish for' bollocks. 

Ando's hilarious at the moment, he sounds like he's enjoying it but still with his miserable negative tone. Imagine a really down in the dumps Ally McCoist basically.

The era of "argh you've godda pass da ball dere Gutierrez" when he was pure misery was a bit much like. It was like Lowes could tell him his lottery numbers had just come up and he'd sigh and say "well dere's quite a big chance I get a papercut on dat giant cheque and it'll be raining when I go to collect it"

Feels like we may be on the cusp of something really big at NE1. Barring the first 15 minutes we outplayed a champions league team on their home patch.

You’ve got to give kudos to spurs for scoring against us though ;)

Feels all a bit surreal.  Waiting for something to go wrong, not used to Newcastle teams performing away from home so well.

Even under SBR we were terrible away from home especially in London.

Amazed at the progress.

14 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yeah I'm a fan of Ando like. That "Just put it in the net" when Murphy missed that one on one V Watford felt like a culmination of him having to watch years of tripe :lol:

I think about this on a weekly basis and is my go to saying whenever someone misses a decent change :lol: 

It's a work of art.

5 hours ago, LV said:

Dafuq is field tilt?? :lol:

It is about how frequently a team in possession gets the ball in the opponent's third.  So another way at looking at territory.  

It is better than say possession, cos you could have loads of possession in your own half and that isn't all that.  The higher the number, the better a team is at keeping the ball, progressing it into the final third and then keeping it there.

Good teams score really highly with it:

field_tilt-1638x2048.png

Edited by David Edgar