Who is your current favourite player?

Nobody

Who is your current favourite player?   

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your current favourite player?

• Pope
    • Trippier
    • Schär
    • Botman
    • Burn
    • Targett
    • Guimarães
    • Joelinton
    • Willock
    • Almiron
    • Wilson
    • Saint-Maximin
    • Wilson
    • Murphy
    • Fraser
    • A. N. Other

Love all of them at the minute.

Got to say Bruno, he's just a class above everyone and plays with such a smile on his face. He's the best midfielder I've ever seen in a black and white shirt, maybe even the best I've ever seen.

Honourable mentions to Trippier, Wilson, Almiron, Botman, Pope, Joelinton and Schar. So basically most of the team. :lol:

Has to be Bruno. Very inteligent with everything he does, but also only his presence is something i belive every player on the pitch feels. The presence of a leader and a warrior. I feel the same about Trippier. Its the spiritual energy they give to others around them that has made Newcastle once again "united"

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2022 at 17:08, Pixelphish said:

Trippier. Catalyst for everything that came after. Scored important goals. By all accounts a huge presence in the squad and immediately raised standards upon arrival. I'm sure im parrotting others but I feel his impact goes under the radar somewhat. 

Yep.

I think Bruno pound for pound has made the biggest impact and he's very likeable. Nick Pope is my favourite ever Newcastle keeper, that includes Shay, I was a 90s child. Botman is my favourite ever Newcastle CB. Trippier my fave ever right back.

I could go on.

On full form, full potential. Saint Max is hard to look past.

Edited by Mountain

Says something about how well NUFC are doing when on this poll Sven Botman is on only 3%. 

It's like picking your favourite kid (If you had eleven kids that is!) Nevertheless, I went for Miggy, just love seeing him play to his full potential.

Edited by Caleb70

2 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

Says something about how well NUFC are doing when on this poll Sven Botman is on only 3%. 

It's like picking your favourite kid (If you had eleven kids that is!) Nevertheless, I went for Miggy, just love seeing him play to his full potential.

Miggy is a good shout, must be alot of people favourites.

Mine is odd because he hadn't played much, but there's an aura about Isak (just from the small glipse we've had) that I love. Can't wait for him to have a solid run in the team!

An outside shot is also Joe Willock. Had that ridiculous scoring run when he came in on loan under CSB and then really struggled when he first came in on a permanent deal.  Lad has clearly got his head down, grafted his arse off and now looks settled in the team. Think it would have to take someone really special to dislodge him from the first XI now.

Has to be Bruno for me. Think he will be eventually taking the crown of the best midfielder I've ever seen play for us. He's also such loveable guy.

The whole squad seems very likeable. Even during Robson days we had some dressing room dick heads like Bellamy, but every one of this squad seems so committed and all pulling the same direction. There's a fantastic unity and harmony here.

I went with Trippier.  Bruno and Joelinton a close 2nd and 3rd.  

I saw something on Twitter asking who have been our 3 best players so far this season.  It's a hard one, as collectively, the team has been brilliant.  You could make a case for 7-8 players and I don't think I'd argue.  But I landed on the below:

Trippier

Schar

Almiron

Such a hard question because they all bring something to the table.

But Trippier has been the catalyst and is the example the club has a set on commitment and desire.

Bruno is class and really is the icing. And you can't look past the fact he joined when we were in a relegation fight and with no relegation clauses, mad man [emoji38]

So close between Tripps and Bruno, they're both amazing but Tripps gets my vote, I think we notice him not playing just that little bit more. That said, like others have said already, every member of our team brings something different and worthwhile to the table and we're lucky to have all of them.

... and then of course, there's Miggy :) 

Great times.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Tripps.

It's more than just his top class footballing ability and brain. It's his leadership, guile, integrity, positive attitude, confidence, will to win, composure, gamesmanship, lack of ego and he's quickly developed a clear passion for the club, city and fans.

I'm in my 40's and for me he's possibly the best all-round professional I've ever seen at the club.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Reading this thread I reckon in 10-20 years Tripps will be to Howe what Kilcline was to Keegan. Obviously Tripps is far better but in terms of the impact they had, setting the standard, getting everybody together, being the first one into a rank situation etc.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Tripps.

It's more than just his top class footballing ability and brain. It's his leadership, guile, integrity, positive attitude, confidence, will to win, composure, gamesmanship, lack of ego and he's quickly developed a clear passion for the club, city and fans.

I'm in my 40's and for me he's possibly the best all-round professional I've ever seen at the club.

Anyone noticed the likeness?

1605513827_vladimir-zelenskij.jpeg