Who is your current favourite player?

Nobody

Who is your current favourite player?   

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your current favourite player?

• Pope
    • Trippier
    • Schär
    • Botman
    • Burn
    • Targett
    • Guimarães
    • Joelinton
    • Willock
    • Almiron
    • Wilson
    • Saint-Maximin
    • Wilson
    • Murphy
    • Fraser
    • A. N. Other

Voted Trippier because his influence on our play and mentatlilty is unparalleled, but on second thoughts it's probably Bruno for the exact same reasons, plus CMs > *

Love Schar, Botman, Pope, Miggy, Wilson and Jo equally.

I'm so fond of all of them, which is hardly surprising given the year we've had, but I had bags of time for loads of them as individuals even before the takeover. I've always had a lot of affection for Schär and Miggy cos they felt very much like Rafa's lads, and I always believed they were good players just ruined by the idiot in the dugout. Longstaff goes into that category too, and I'm thrilled to see him playing such a big part right now even if he perhaps isn't the future.

Wilson and Maxi are obviously huge players but I've never developed the same level of love for them just because of the circumstances they arrived into. It's only really this season that I feel I'm getting to know Wilson. Respect him enormously, like; he's probably the most consistent striker we've had since Shearer, even if he isn't the best (still Ba).

Trippier is one of the most influential signings in my lifetime and Bruno is obviously a diamond, but the answer is Joelinton. I just love how fucking massive and primal he is. The bloke is a force of nature and a great player and it's the NUFC redemption arc to end them all. 

Trippier was the first signing and the first to believe in the project, Guimaraes might be the best player but I have to go with big Joe.

I just can't help but root for him. It would have been so easy for him to just leave for another club after all the shit that was thrown his way but instead he hires a private coach to help improve his game, works his socks off and now it's paying off.

Miggy, Bruno and ASM not far behind.

So tough. Bruno and ASM are the best and who I enjoy watching the most. Joelinton and Burn for their personality and stories. Feels so harsh to not even mention the rest of the back four or many others but I just couldn't click anything but Joelinton. Still get the most feels when he does something good after what has happened during his time here.

Edited by Pata

Just posted this on the Howe thread, but hadn't seen this one where it probably fits better:

Not really thread worthy, so I'll say it in here. I hope we keep Howe's no dickhead policy permanently, even if that slows our progress or sees us win a bit less than we otherwise might. Thanks to the lucky situation we're in with PIF, we can afford to set some standards around how we conduct ourselves as a club. I never want the feeling we have with our current staff to be sacrificed, it's invaluable.

--

I picked Bruno by the way, just as he has everything.

30 minutes ago, Pata said:

One vote for ASM feels so harsh. Not the optimal timing for a poll for him though.

It could be worse. The most expensive signing ever by a non-Top 6 team is an A.N. Other ;D

While I do want to see much more of Isak, I'll go with Maxi. We are so solid across the entire pitch that it's even easier to root for the non-weight-puller capable of league leading brilliance. That's what cult players are made of.

(if there is a key man, it's Trippier)

Bruno, however (even though there are a few upgrades to be made), I genuinely don't dislike any player we have in the squad. Some players in the squad I don't particularly rate, but you certainly can't question attitudes and efforts of any of the squad on and off the pitch. I genuinely can't remember feeling that way before (even during the Keegan entertainer years, there were one or two I wasn't keen on. Some seasons I wasn't keen on half the team :nope: 

Yes that's down to in a big way to Howe (as Bruno said he treats the 4th choice keeper exactly the same way as key first team era), but you have to credit to the players also (led by Trippier who you can see is totally respected by everyone). Never seen a group of players who are so genuinely close and support each other. Must be great for a new player coming into the club and getting all round support whilst they settle in.