Who is your current favourite player?

Nobody

Who is your current favourite player?   

302 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your current favourite player?

• Pope
    • Trippier
    • Schär
    • Botman
    • Burn
    • Targett
    • Guimarães
    • Joelinton
    • Willock
    • Almiron
    • Wilson
    • Saint-Maximin
    • Wilson
    • Murphy
    • Fraser
    • A. N. Other

We're a team that's greater than the sum of its parts, and somehow Dan Burn encapsulates that. 

I also love seeing how Sean Longstaff is developing. I never quite gave up hope with this lad, and he's now back on track.

Big Dan Born for me. Been down the leagues made his way back up them. Signed for his boyhood club and living the dream in the best times we've had in nearly 20 year

Ask me again tomorrow and it could be bruno, Joe. In fact any of em

Love them all. Feel like welling up everytime I see something newcastle related thesedays

Willock, but he's closely followed by Joelinton and Schar.

Similar to Joelinton I think a lot of what Willock does is maybe most appreciated when he's not there. He's nowhere near playing at his best yet the work he is doing is so important to the way we move from defence to attack. I also just really like the lad and really want to see him do well.

Favourite obviously doesn't mean best though, our best are Bruno, Wilson and Trippier, and I love them too, along with most of the squad.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Criminal how Wilson has only vote like. I think he suffers from being so dependable that he’s just expected to be class and score 1 in 2. A striker in the premier league that scores 1 in 2 is so rare. I love him and he’s not even in my top three favourites 

Joelinton.

Right from the moment I read about him getting his own fitness trainer to try and turn his own career around, to watching him absolutely dominate teams now.

Even the fact that he's not a natural striker now just means that I'm absolutely pumped up when he does score.

I still don't even know what exact kind of player he is, but I do know he's been a sensation since Howe raised this club from the dead.

Surprised Botman isn't getting much joy. We have the joint (I think) best defence in the league and he looks like a mature 30 year old centre half, at the age of only 22. Potentially one of the best in the world.

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Surprised Botman isn't getting much joy. We have the joint (I think) best defence in the league and he looks like a mature 30 year old centre half, at the age of only 22. Potentially one of the best in the world.

My mate and I both made the same point at the exact same time that Botman is genuinely a player you never notice- as a testament to how good he is. Probably harms his chances on polls like this. 

Has to be Bruno, I think. Almiron, Schar and Trippier not far behind for me. 

Have a lot of love for them all though,  really sums up the mood around the club at the moment when you're energised by Jacob Murphy's contributions yesterday or keen to see how Shelvey slots in after being subbed on :aww:

Edited by Barnes23