Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 6/11/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Just me, or has this match been getting promoted to shit on Sky Sports? Have we finally managed to break in to the inner circle?

We fit the narrative for sky to make more money from a new big 6 or super 7.

Really as time goes on we’ll be city’s only rival.

28 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

We fit the narrative for sky to make more money from a new big 6 or super 7.

Really as time goes on we’ll be city’s only rival.

There is a feeling of inevitability, there's only so much they could ignore, discount or belittle us. Thanks to Howe that's come much quicker than anyone would have imagined.

As for the game, it is preceded by the usual trepidation, however I am confident that Howe will have the team well drilled for the game and will be able to tweak any in game issues caused by their plan or specific players. 

9 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

There is a feeling of inevitability, there's only so much they could ignore, discount or belittle us. Thanks to Howe that's come much quicker than anyone would have imagined.

As for the game, it is preceded by the usual trepidation, however I am confident that Howe will have the team well drilled for the game and will be able to tweak any in game issues caused by their plan or specific players. 

Yes I think the key is we know the players will be as well prepared as they can be. That said anyone can have an off day and the other team turns in a massive performance. Just hope most fans can look at the bigger picture when a loss arrives whenever that is.

I think we’ll win tomorrow or at the very least not get beaten. 

I thought this was bogey fixture, but that was their old ground where they stopped playing twenty years ago (old man emoji).

We've had better results at St. Mary's, two wins out of the last three games. Presumably results from the distant past will have involved the players sitting on a bus for hours and hours.

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I thought this was bogey fixture, but that was their old ground where they stopped playing twenty years ago (old man emoji).

We've had better results at St. Mary's, two wins out of the last three games. Presumably results from the distant past will have involved the players sitting on a bus for hours and hours.

And Matt bastard Le Tissier.

It's important to not get ahead of ourselves I reckon and so I think a goalless draw would be a good result today. I think we're more than capable of winning but, a clean sheet would be fantastic and a draw on any away game should be seen as success given our outrageously good home form. If we take 2 from the next 2 before the world cup we're still well on course for what I'd hoped this season.

I reckon we'll give the cups a right go now. If we're on anywhere near 40 points by the time January is over then the FA Cup will absolutely be hunted down imo. This could be the year...

Would be way more confident if Joelinton was available. When he was subbed against Everton it felt like our midfield completely opened up and every pass went straight through it. He is so good at disrupting play. Still should have enough quality to win though

14 hours ago, Stifler said:

Starting to get a horrible feeling over this match now.

They’ve beaten Chelsea, drawn with Arsenal and West Ham at home, and haven’t really been turned over by anyone. All the pundits and bookies seem to fancy us to win. Pep is touting us as one of their rivals to win the league. We haven’t lost a game for decades (it seems…). No Joelinton.

The perfect pre-match cocktail for a loss! I initially thought we would lose (we are going to lose games…). Now I don’t. We are organised and capable of winning games even when not playing well. It’ll be close tight game, could go either way but I think our momentum will carry us. Even if we lose, it won’t change my optimism re the Chelsea game. Really looking forward to seeing how we do. Each game, each addition (hopefully) of three points, takes us a step closer to the end goal we can realistically hope for this season. Let’s us enjoy the ride; might be the last season we are playing without the burden of high expectations from the start. Exciting times! 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Having snide TV and subsequent access to every fixture is going to turn me into a house alki. 

I fancy a can now ??

Obvs narcissistic quoting oneself but my 7am pre match nerves reminded me of matchdays, esp derby day, when you'd be in a pub by 8am.

Cant remember the name of the pub but the one on Barrack Road (Not the Bull, higher up, New Mills??) looked shut from outside but after a tap at the window a door quietly opened and the gaff was rammed. 

Also went on a bus to Palace or QPR, iirc, and stopped over at RAF Northolt for pre-match beer, nibbles and strippers at daft'o'clock. 

Kids these days don't even believe you when you tell them pubs used to shut in the afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

It's important to not get ahead of ourselves I reckon and so I think a goalless draw would be a good result today. I think we're more than capable of winning but, a clean sheet would be fantastic and a draw on any away game should be seen as success given our outrageously good home form. If we take 2 from the next 2 before the world cup we're still well on course for what I'd hoped this season.

I reckon we'll give the cups a right go now. If we're on anywhere near 40 points by the time January is over then the FA Cup will absolutely be hunted down imo. This could be the year...

Fuck that, i want a win [emoji38]

Odds on to beat Southampton away in the premier league today, around 6/4 fav's to beat Chelsea at home next Saturday, we all have our own feelings as to how far we have improved in the last 12 months & those odds from hardened industry stalwarts give me such confidence in the short to mid term, we've still got 2 wheels on the ground but take off wont be long.

Standard 4 or 5 nil away win

Choo Choo 

48 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Be happy with a point in this one , not sure we are at the level yet where we should be expecting to go here and win.

We should be happy with a point but let's face it, after the month we've had, you'd be disappointed with anything less than a win.

We are starting to look relentless now, I think other teams are starting to fear us.