Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 6/11/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Rotten day that was. We'd just lost 4-3 at Old Trafford in the dying seconds days earlier and they had a full week to prepare and it showed.

Memories include "NO MOAR GOALS!!!", Demba's last couple in our shirt, Simpson's pathetic throw-in for one of their goals, Tiote's worst showing in black and white & Pardew selecting Streete as a sub to try and ram home his lack of squad depth. Minging.

The 3rd video down was the last "normal" weekend before COVID. Remember it incredibly vividly. Football was cancelled for the following week and we descended into that 18 months of hell. *shudder*

Without sounding like an arrogant deluded jawdee I think we're capable of dishing out a pasting here. They tend to get one as a seasonal tradition? :lol: 0-6 last season, 9-0 before that and 0-9 before that. We're only 3/1 to score 3+ goals.

16 hours ago, Chris_R said:

I live on the south coast and I'm sorely tempted to get a ticket for the home end.

Anyone know where the away fans will be sat? If I do, I'd like to be close to our fans. Also, to anyone who has gone to away games in with the home fans, what's the etiquette?

- cheer when we score?

- cheer when THEY score?!

- just keep your head down and almost ignore our goals? Not sure I can do this, which is a worry. :lol:

- will I be ejected if 'discovered'

- anyone ever had any bother from locals when in with their fans?

Done it on numerous occasions over the years. Generally absolutely fine.  You’ll only be ejected if you create a disturbance. Best etiquette—quietly enjoy, clap everything good. (Not always easy to reign yourself in though!).

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

They’ve just drawn at home to the league leaders and looked like they could have snatched it towards the end. Will not be easy on their day they can give anyone a game at home.

Arsenal should've put them away well before they equalised tbf. Going by their forum they seem pretty miserable too.

Probably not a pasting but going into a PL game, away from home, expecting us to win is a terrifying and otherworldly feeling. :lol:

Never confident against Southampton. Had a few depressing away days down there in 2012 and 14, so that often taints my view :lol:

That being said, we're fucking mint. ASM with another week under his belt, potentially coming on with 30 mins left or even starting for 60 should see us terrorise them plenty.

14 hours ago, gbandit said:

When Walcott scores a hattrick against you, you know you’re absolutely shit 

Speaking of this I noticed on my scores app that he scored a hat trick for their academy this week against Boro. They won 8-1.

Front 6 was Sekou Mara (who got 4), Walcott, Djenepo, Lavia, Maintland-Niles and Edozie. Pretty sure they're all first teamers/new signings. I get that it's to allow players to get back to fitness but that seems ridiculously harsh on Boro like :lol:

19 hours ago, nufcjb said:

For me,  they're kind like our bogey team like Wigan were despite our recent good results down there. Always uncomfortable.

The first picture that comes to my mind is always bloody Matt Le Tissier.

17 hours ago, gbandit said:

Was in the home end at the Emirates when we lost 7-3 to Arsenal in 2012/13. Was an absolutely vile experience 

I was in the away end and that was bad enough.  Got back level three times, didn't we?  Only to concede 4 late goals :lol: 

Have also been in home ends on a number of occasions, even in with the Sheff utd lot at Old Trafford in the semi final. Never found it a pleasant experience, I'd say limit the pints beforehand so it's easier to keep quiet!