Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

10 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Honestly shocked it's not the fault of an American multi-club owner 

Pretty sure Bordeaux never got relegated to division three before the Americn War of Independence.

#facts

Edited by Checko

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

He absolutely hasn’t called for it though.

If you actually see the full quote, he says it’s inevitable that it will happen in his opinion, he never said he agrees with it, or pushed for it to happen.

“Why can’t those (American) fans see a competitive game?” Would suggest he’s agreeable to it 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I demand to see Sumo wrestling outside the Black Garter, I think it would bring the sport to a new audience 

It's already a regular event inside like. Just need to wedge the doors open and sooner or later... 

"Atkinson is back and England go to Plan B. And you all know what that means, right? The field spreads and the balls will be back of a length. I'm a Newcastle season-ticket holder and this tactic is the equivalent to our set pieces under Alan Pardew - without fail, the delivery would be pumped in the general direction of Mike Williamson at the back post. Did it work? Rarely. In fact, never."

From the Times online cricket coverage just now -- Sam Dalling

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

What did I say about him bring less odious?

IMG-20240726-WA0006.jpg

Bet The Telelaugh couldn’t believe its luck.  Like all right wing media, they despise everyone about Sadiq Khan.

Edited by Sima

46 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Give them Ipswich/Forest. There you go. A PL game in the good ol’ US of A. 

The Ipswich Tractormen vs the Nottinghamshire Oaktrees, if you’d please keep it in Yankee vernacular.

5 hours ago, Sima said:

Bet The Telelaugh couldn’t believe its luck.  Like all right wing media, they despise everyone about Sadiq Khan.

He didn't actually say what they're accusing him of though:

“We’ve got seven Premier League clubs in London but when you look at the way the Premier League works, a lot of the revenue they receive is TV rights. Liverpool, the team that I support, are currently on tour in America. I think the point that the Premier League would make and some of the owners would make is, why can’t their fans in those countries benefit from a competitive game? The key thing for me is to make sure our fans don’t lose out. The thing we’ve learned from American football is often when the players go back to America the next game is an issue because of time zone, because of diet and so forth.”

Has become:

"Khan wants to see games in the US."