Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

46 minutes ago, Disco said:

Someone post that photo of him on the deck infront of the Gallowgate, the cunt.

Can never find it when I need it. One of my favourite football pictures of all time 

I was in the middle tier right behind the goal. It's actually not as easy a chance as I had thought, by the time he catches up with it

Edited by OpenC

7 minutes ago, alexf said:

He's on talksport right now it seems.

Still on, god that must be awkward for all involved. Currently running through the top headlines. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not a massive fan of Jenas but not gonna revel in him losing his job. If he’s actually been outed as a proper Yanga-Mbiwa though I might be able to get on board…

He’s on talksport sounding like he doesn’t give a shit tbf

:lol: must be weird being live on a radio show while the news comes out you’ve been sacked from tv for being a wrong un. Dunno if he’s addressed it 

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’m lost though, “wrong’un” what’s he done? :lol:

Inappropriate behaviour is all that’s been said 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Drive with Jermaine Jenas and Jermaine Pennant. 

Christ 

Hopefully it's not Pennant behind the wheel! :scared:

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Drive with Jermaine Jenas and Jermaine Pennant. 

Christ 

Back to the good old days of “Sunday Roasts with Dyer and Bramble”. Pork is back on the menu boys.

On 21/08/2024 at 06:30, OpenC said:

Well, that's been done to death on here I'm sure; I make no judgement on that side of it and Glory Hunter is just the accepted term I know for someone with no connection to a team following them simply because they win stuff, or have done.  I find it a pretty alien concept but folk can of course support who they want. I just can't help but think that when he goes to watch them and tells people he's driven four hours to get there, most of the fans would, rather than thinking he's one of their own, wonder why he's not at SJP watching Newcastle.

I really don't see what he gets out of it, but the story was less about people following non-local teams and more to highlight this lad pointing out the supposed troubles he's gone through as a Liverpool fan the last four decades :lol: your saying that Manchester United 'have been crap for years' suggests to me that we're perhaps coming at this from very different angles, though :) in the grand scheme of English football, they've hardly been objectively crap

Yeah I can understand that, but I guess growing up supporting a team in the way (whatever the reasons) can still give him the connection that he doesn’t have with a local club. 

And yeah, that’s fair they haven’t been objectively crap :lol: . Just thinking it’s all relative though - if a team is picked because of their success as a kid, then seeing them often finishing 6-8th is going to be very frustrating given what they were previously used to. I do agree it’s a funny thing for a Liverpool fan to say, I should have added :)

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

I had this exact conversation on Reddit the other day. Someone was saying that you now can’t call Man Utd fans glory hunters because of the bad time they have had since SAF left.

I pointed out to him that in the last 10 years they have won 5 trophies, 2 in the last 2 years, and the lowest they have finished is 8th. Every club outside of the top 6, well actually Spurs included would actually think that is a dream scenario.

Imagine thinking that winning a trophy on average every other season isn’t successful and you are not a glory hunter because that’s the worst spell you have known your club to go through?

If Man Utd started finishing mid table and not winning trophies for 10 years, and the glory hunters still stuck by them, then I’d start to consider not calling them glory hunters anymore. Until then, nah you picked your sweets, it’s your fault that they are too sour.

It’s more that I think the concept is silly in general as it’s used to have a go at people for a choice they made as a kid and for sticking with it. Would be a bit different if they switched teams to every new champion. Any that have since become Man City fans (whether that’s a thing or not) deserve all the stick they get. [emoji38]

As I mentioned before, it’s all relative still. A lot of Newcastle fans were frustrated at various points last season, when we’d just been in the Champions League but were regularly fighting relegation/in the Championship not many years ago. When you look at the success Man Utd have had in the last 30 years or so and seeing how their rivals have done in recent years, I can imagine that’s pretty frustrating. I still find it funny mind. 

It sounds like it was pretty fucking bad for him to be binned from everything. Dare say the BBC didn't want to be seen to be inactive following the Edwards stuff.

Just seen the cunt got paid 200k for appearing sporadically as a pundit alone. Fuck me.

What does it say when this fucker getting sacked has put a spring in the step of the nation? Like, why was he employed and pushed so far in the first place? Surely there always were less disliked alternatives.