Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Hilarious how bad Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd have been

They have been, but I think Luton deserve some credit for having made a somewhat decent fist of it. It's absolutely obscene that they have featured in the Premier League at all, let's be honest. Burnley and Sheffield United are a disgrace and if it wasn't for the fact we tend to get positive results, I'd never have them back.

Next season will hopefully be a bit different (and better, from the neutral point of view). You'd certainly expect Leicester to be pretty well-equipped. Last season really was an aberration in their recent history. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

They have been, but I think Luton deserve some credit for having made a somewhat decent fist of it. It's absolutely obscene that they have featured in the Premier League at all, let's be honest. Burnley and Sheffield United are a disgrace and if it wasn't for the fact we tend to get positive results, I'd never have them back.

Next season will hopefully be a bit different (and better, from the neutral point of view). You'd certainly expect Leicester to be pretty well-equipped. Last season really was an aberration in their recent history. 

Lutons season has been a success purely based on what abomination they prevented coming up in the playoffs

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It has been a season where the relegation battle hasn’t really been a thing. 

Only thing that made it semi-interesting for a while were the point deductions. 

47 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, it's a miracle a club that size was even competing top end of the Championship never mind trying to stay up. Hopefully the money helps them grow.

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yussss

Remember some dodgy info spreading like a Chinese whisper during the title challenge in 96 about what was going on in Man United's game. Think it was Southampton at home for us, Leeds at home for them. 

On 15/05/2024 at 15:36, Interpolic said:

Fuck's it got to do with FIFA?

Money, naturally.

I’d like to explore the impact of an asteroid on FIFA.

I know its easy to take the piss out of Arsenal for that but it's got to be pretty expected right? Very slim chance of it happening but there is a chance. On an organisational front, they've got to be prepared for that eventuality in what is one of the richest competitions in world sport. 

When we won the title with Rafa on the last day as opposed to Brighton despite being 7 points behind with 3 games to go, we had a display board ready to go and you can bet they'd had a practice run of putting it up before a ball was kicked on the final day. 

Feel for Luton that they’ve fallen apart at the very end. I didn’t enjoy our games with them but I did enjoy them being in the league 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I'm curious if when it comes out it'll really be a "top presenter" given these are the same papers who headlined the story of a pissed up Danny Graham crashing his 4x4 into a Co-op with "premier league ace"

19 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Remember some dodgy info spreading like a Chinese whisper during the title challenge in 96 about what was going on in Man United's game. Think it was Southampton at home for us, Leeds at home for them. 

I was one of the daft twats who fell for it.  My ST was in the lower part of the Leazes.  There was a bloke near me with a tranny who turned to a few of us and said '1-0 Leeds!  (Brian) Deane has scored!'

I jumped up and started shouting that Deane had scored for Leeds.  Hopefully I wasn't alone, but half the Leazes started going crackers.  Then the stupid cunt told us he'd misheard, and it was 1-0 Man Utd, Keane had scored.

So if you remember a spotty teenager with a blonde mop of hair jumping up and shouting that, then apologies - that was me :) 

12 hours ago, maybe_next_year said:

I know its easy to take the piss out of Arsenal for that but it's got to be pretty expected right? Very slim chance of it happening but there is a chance. On an organisational front, they've got to be prepared for that eventuality in what is one of the richest competitions in world sport. 

When we won the title with Rafa on the last day as opposed to Brighton despite being 7 points behind with 3 games to go, we had a display board ready to go and you can bet they'd had a practice run of putting it up before a ball was kicked on the final day. 

There was a replica PL trophy at SJP in 1996 just in case Bryan Robson's Middlesbrough team did us a favour and got a result against Man Utd.  Which seems less likely than Arsenal winning it

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

:lol:

Vinladen had previously contemplated changing his name, but he claims that he has grown accustomed to it over time. He does not believe his name to be problematic, citing Peruvian footballer, Hitler Alba Sánchez, and Brazilian footballer, Marx Lenin, as other figures in the sport with similarly controversial names.[3]