Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Toni Kroos retiring after the Euros. Legend of the game

Aye what a career and what a player. Don't get many going out at the top these days

Posted (edited)

FWIW the results of the self-indulgent KI player of the season award are in. They may not be what I'd actually pick for my top ten, but in terms of the numbers not lying, the final standings are as follows (methodology below):

10: Martin Dubravka - 5.88

9: Sean Longstaff - 6.11

8: Miguel Almiron - 6.12

7: Tino Livramento - 6.72

6: Dan Burn - 6.78

5: Kieran Trippier - 6.90

4: Alexander Isak - 6.94

3: Fabian Schar - 6.95

2: Anthony Gordon - 7.03

1: Bruno Guimaraes - 7.12

image.thumb.png.81de346f297295e4bf43ee917514eb4d.png

Methodology: Score based on average score. Players with less that 25 appearances were automatically excluded, this is a bit harsh on the likes of Lascelles, Murphy, Hall and Miley, while benefitting the likes of Dubravka, but I had to make the cut off somewhere without it being a bit daft. Players with less than 30 games played had a 0.2 reduction, less than 25 another 0.2 reduction. In a way there's some deductive reasoning going on here, but without it it just wouldn't have looked 'right' ie Livramento at number 1, Lascelles very high up.

My actual chosen top 10

10: Jacob Murphy - it was close between Murphy and Longstaff in terms of raw output, but Murphy edges it because he's also had good performances, whereas Longstaff has put up decent numbers despite underperforming.

9: Lewis Miley - a brilliant breakthrough season considering his age.

8: Jamal Lascelles - easy to forget now as it seems like a long time ago, but Lascelles put in some excellent performances earlier in the season.

7: Dan Burn: An underrated season from Burn where he was often a scapegoat, sometimes warranted, sometimes not, as soon as he went to CB he reminded everyone just how good he is.

6: Tino Livramento - The player with the highest average rating for me if you take away appearances - to my mind he put in quite a few 9 or 10/10 performances in a row earlier in the season and has been a star performer when fit.

5: Kieran Trippier - It does feel slightly odd having Tripps this high as he's had a few high-profile mistakes, but again it's easy to forget just how formidable he was earlier in the season and that shouldn't count for nothing with the passing of time.

4: Fabian Schar - tailed off towards the end of the season somewhat, but was generally very dependable, the start of our attacks, an attacking threat and scored an absolute all-timer. The best Newcastle CB in my life time, hands down. 

3. Alexander Isak - He hasn't always had the best games and hasn't always played, but his impact and quality when he's been on it are just undeniable, a superstar. 

2: Bruno Guimaraes - An absolutely brilliant footballer and the player who has been more dependable than anyone else, with a baseline of 6 or 7/10 every week. In a way how good he is is almost taken for granted.

1: Anthony Gordon - Who would have thought it, but here we are. A ridiculous amount of goals, assists, pens won, goal involvements, dependability, and overall work ethic. An absolutely electric season and my player of the season. 

image.thumb.png.91dd0c6304b58712a9fddef2514f8482.png

Edited by Kid Icarus

Bonus:

Perfect 10 scores:

Gordon: 2: Villa (H), Sheff United (A)

Schar: 2: PSG (H), Villa (A)

Trippier: 2: Sheff United (A), PSG (H)

Livramento: 2: Man City (EFL), PSG (A)

Isak: 1: Villa (H)

Tonali: 1: Villa (H)

Lascelles: 1: PSG (H)

Burn: 1: PSG (H)
Pope: 1: PSG (A)

Murphy: 1 : Palace (H)

Dubravka: 1: Blackburn (FAC)

Man U's transfer budget: £35m unless they sell players. says some online newspaper thing I saw yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, OCK said:

Man U's transfer budget: £35m unless they sell players. says some online newspaper thing I saw yesterday. 

£15 million once the snake goes there 

14 minutes ago, OCK said:

If its true, it makes sense why Ratcliffe is acting the way he is.

Can the government not hand out a grant for some new players 

Paqueta denies any wrongdoing and any knowledge of the suspicious bets, which have been traced to Paqueta Island, off the coast of Rio de Janiero. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

So Paqueta allegedly tried to manipulate play for the purposes of betting? That's a much greater offence than Tonali's, no? Should be a 1.5-2 year ban.

Could be as bad as a lifetime ban like NBA just gave to one player.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

That's match fixing. That could be very, very serious for him.

Hehe.

I wouldn’t laugh because it means Pep is coming after Bruno rather than him.

16 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Paqueta denies any wrongdoing and any knowledge of the suspicious bets, which have been traced to Paqueta Island, off the coast of Rio de Janiero. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No way man [emoji38]

Woof, he's fucked, thats way worse then anything Tonali or Tony did. 

He'll be lucky if he ever plays professional football again. Am I wrong in thinking it could also open up legal proceedings for fraud? 

Tbf to him, he's played incredibly well for someone having that hanging over them all season. Lock him up and throw away the key tho 

Posted (edited)

It took them 9 months to investigate and the first one was in 2022.  There could still be an investigation open on Tonali for his Villa one for all we know.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/23066323.kynan-isaac-banned-football-spot-fixing-fa-cup-tie/

A FORMER Banbury United and Oxford City player has been banned for more than 10 years, for his involvement in spot-fixing during an Emirates FA Cup tie.

Kynan Isaac, who also played for North Leigh and Ardley United, was charged by the FA for ‘intentionally seeking to be cautioned by the referee’ while playing for Stratford Town in November.

If this is the precedent they're going to base their charges on, Paqueta no longer has a career in football.