Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

10 hours ago, jack j said:

Lots of shouts for Billy Whitehurst from our fans

Was Before my time that

Struggling to think of any in recent times. Games changed loads I suppose

Duncan from my time. My dad told me tales of John McGrath so I feel like I can put him in.

9 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Think Lascelles would be quite handy. Schar is all for show I reckon, when push comes to shove I reckon he’d not deliver when it matters. 

Based on what? :lol: He sacrifices his brain nearly every game by not pulling out of aereal challenges. For some reason opposition players haven't learnt yet that he'll see it through and doesn't pull out either. 

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Based on what? :lol: He sacrifices his brain nearly every game by not pulling out of aereal challenges. For some reason opposition players haven't learnt yet that he'll see it through and doesn't pull out either. 

Just think he'd probably be soft as shite if it came down to a scrap. Bit of a difference between going up for a header and getting into a pagga like.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought I'd play yesterday's game too. Where am I going wrong? I've picked Sammer as the Borussia Dortmund and Euro winner and Sterling for Chelsea and City and it didn't accept them?

Screenshot_20230825-060945.png

Yeah I just tried Pulisic for Dortmund and Chelsea and it didn't work either.

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought I'd play yesterday's game too. Where am I going wrong? I've picked Sammer as the Borussia Dortmund and Euro winner and Sterling for Chelsea and City and it didn't accept them?

Screenshot_20230825-060945.png

I tried the same yesterday with Lampard for City and Chelsea and they said it was wrong so I bailed. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66619686

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp and Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta have called for the Saudi Pro League to move its transfer deadline to match up with Europe's major leagues.

The deadline in most of Europe this year is 1 September, but Saudi clubs can buy players until 20 September.

Teams from the Premier League would have to wait until January to replace anyone who left between those dates.

"It is a competitor now, I think we have to change that," Arteta said.

Deadlines differ from country to country across the world, but this is one of the first times a league outside of Europe has been able to attract top players.

Saudi clubs have signed a host of big-name footballers this summer, including Ballon d'Or winner Karim Benzema from Real Madrid, the world's most expensive player in Neymar from Paris St-Germain, Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson and Wolves skipper Ruben Neves.

Al-Ittihad are reported to be interested in Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

Klopp said: "In the past with Russia, long ago thankfully, they had a different transfer window and could still come [after the Premier League deadline].

"It's new, it's challenging for everybody and we have to learn to deal with it. But the authorities should make clear that if you want to be part of the system, do your business at the same time as the others at least."

Arteta said he could not rule out Arsenal selling players after the deadline.

"The principle would be that [they would not] but I cannot make the decision for the club," Arteta said.

"It would be on the table like with any offer and you have to look at it. The only thing I'm saying is it's not ideal because they are a competitor."

Arteta and Klopp know that Saudi Arabia is in Asia, don't they? As in, totally outside the jurisdiction of UEFA and are fully within their rights to, how they say in diplomatic circles, tell European clubs to fuck right off if they reckon they have to bend over backwards to accommodate Turkey Teeth and Captain Black. 

The arrogance of that lot is astounding. How dare a country from a different continent and from a different confederation have a different calendar system that doesn't revolve around UEFA. I hope every club in the AFC fires off a bid to Liverpool on the hour every hour like some denial of service attack on their fax machine or whatever it is they use. 

Didn't Pep Guardiola say something like you can always just reject their bids like you're not obligated to accept? 

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If it's true that Saudi want their clubs to join the Champions League ala Israel and Australia in the Eurovision, then it's not as unrealistic as it sounds.

Yeah, I suppose a Maccabi Haifa v Al-Ittihad qualifying game would be particularly juicy but I doubt we'd get that.