Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Any option for the lower team to request to switch to away if they wanted?

That’s what I was thinking. Certainly League1 and below.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I agree that there’s something fundamentally broken about the level of football played currently and the volume of it. Really don’t know what could be done though. Reduce the number of clubs in each league? That would be disastrous for lots of clubs but better for most players I guess 

By 6-7 of the richest clubs in the world.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Heard of reserves? 

Aye, its the players not quite good enough that rarely get any playing time despite how many games the better players have played.

Both club and international managers feel obligated to field their best team due to being judged on results.

Fans expectations in general is that managers should field the best available team in all competitions.

It is starting to burn out more and more players, and some players ruin their career due to it. 

I'd prefer to scrap one of the international breaks to help avoid fixture congestion, and scrap the league cup entirely as a starting point.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

There's too many games for top level players these days, especially those that compete in 1 league, 2 domestic cups, 1 european cup + international games. 

Something has to be done to reduce that amount. Not sure this is the way to go though.

And 10 minutes of extra time....

This is all about constantly increasing the games in European competitions and the money that comes with that, ignoring the English football pyramid completely. We should be saying no to UEFA expanding their competitions not removing the revenue and lifelines for clubs further down the pyramid. It will be the fans that will lose out in the end when the gap between the top few clubs and the rest is too big and 90% of the fixtures become meaningless. This is all just another route to the Super League by diluting everything else until there is no competition left and the gap between the "Big" clubs that are in Europe and everyone else is to large that we pretty much have two tiers of competition.

We have the perfect mix of American owners wanting a closed shop and ever-increasing premium offerings via games only against the other "Big" clubs and clubs like the Spanish giants having already rinsed their own league wanting to now rinse the rest of Europe by taking a bigger and bigger share of the pot.

If clubs are so worried about extra games, why don't they withdraw from league cup then? Maybe even FA cup too. You get champions league you can't enter the league cup, less games to play less congestion problem solved. 

It's one of the most obnoxiously brazen decisions that I can recall. Not a single fuck given about the interests of anyone other than a very select few. £33million is buttons relative to the prize money PL clubs get for competing in Europe and, spread thinly, does not replace the 'life-changing' windfall a club might receive off the back of a cup replay - even if it isn't budgeted for. Not to mention the devaluing of the competition itself by binning an aspect that it's so famous for. 

Besides, what in God's name does scrapping replays at the 1st and 2nd Round stages have to do with reducing fixture congestion for the rich few?

FA Cup was great. 3rd round was like another Christmas. Final and route to it traditional. People loved it.

Here's an idea, lets fuck with it in every possible way, that'll help make this thing that worked great for a 100year better

31 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

FA Cup was great. 3rd round was like another Christmas. Final and route to it traditional. People loved it.

Here's an idea, lets fuck with it in every possible way, that'll help make this thing that worked great for a 100year better

Imo it's going to end up getting so bad that at some point we'll want more and more of these 'improvements' so that it speeds up the process of the bubble bursting.

Until that happens or there's sustained ESL level protests they'll never stop, they can't stop either, the model won't allow it, stopping in itself would cause the bubble to burst.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Playing devil's advocate slightly isn't this potentially good for the lower league teams in the sense that rather than earning a replay that they'll probably lose they instead get to go to penalties and this have a better chance of getting to the next round?

Though I'm still against this change obviously. 

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Bein have a thing on every balotelli goal. Has there ever been a bigger waste of talent? 

From what I've heard from various player interviews, Ravel Morrison.

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Surely an underdog benefits from a penalty shootout rather than a 90 min replay? They probably should've consulted lower leagues, but I don't see how no replay will be worse for lower league teams.

Edited by Erikse

Remember the player who came out with this?

"igghttt mannns 15 init but im on disss ting trusss dnt fink coz ive made a wifey riddim intro mannns not on dis ting coz dat aint the case but i try stay out of as much trouble as i can coz gud boiiis live rude boiiis die dats the sayin i always grew up wid but yh skip dat. mannns tryin to take footy serious coz i wanna make sum pea f**k the street ting its really long 4 me might shubz it off now and again u see it but yh if u wanna kno where i play its upfront dutty striker about 4 goals a game minimum maximum 7or 8 one of dem but my weakness is most definatly girls and my 2nd weakness is losing i flippin hate losing but i hardly lose at anything coz im a big bumbaclart duppy mannnnnnn but yh im gona update dis sh*t wen i get the hang off it.but u aint heard the last of me sho sho 4 now Laughing Laughing."

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Bein have a thing on every balotelli goal. Has there ever been a bigger waste of talent? 

Nile Ranger. 

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Surely an underdog benefits from a penalty shootout rather than a 90 min replay? They probably should've consulted lower leagues, but I don't see how no replay will be worse for lower league teams.

I think its more about the money a small club can generate from a replay 

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I think its more about the money a small club can generate from a replay 

Yep a replay can be higher deal financially for a small club. Taking that away to keep moaning entitled premier league clubs happy and make it easier for them to win is shocking. At the very least if they make these changes they should make sure draws are played at the smaller club automatically