Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We caused Brighton all sorts of bother with a high press. They lost the ball multiple times in their own third but we were disgustingly wasteful and never made anything of it. I couldn't believe the chances they gave us. Given the form your strikers are in I think you'll be much more clinical and I think you will win quite comfortably tonight.

Genuine observation. 

I'm sorry, I have a girlfriend. 

They did similar against Arsenal and were incredibly risky, I just wonder whether it's a case of them playing with fire or all part of their plan. It'll be interesting to see whether like you say we can take our chances (something despite having a brilliant season we've been very guilty of) or whether Howe will go more for something nearer to what Everton did and hit them fast and hard on the break, which is what we did to Man City when they came up here. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm sorry, I have a girlfriend. 

They did similar against Arsenal and were incredibly risky, I just wonder whether it's a case of them playing with fire or all part of their plan. It'll be interesting to see whether like you say we can take our chances (something despite having a brilliant season we've been very guilty of) or whether Howe will go more for something nearer to what Everton did and hit them fast and hard on the break, which is what we did to Man City when they came up here. 

We've underperfromed Xg but I think a large part of that is from set-piece headers which is a personnel thing.

I expected Schar to score more from a set-piece by now. Hit the post at least twice.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We've underperfromed Xg but I think a large part of that is from set-piece headers which is a personnel thing.

I expected Schar to score more from a set-piece by now. Hit the post at least twice.

Ooh not sure about the first paragraph like. Especially mid season  the biggest gripe was both Joe's and Longstaff not taking sitters, sometimes multiple times in a game.

49 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Objecting because someone is an  Arsenal supporter? Clutching at straws!

Weren’t we up in arms about the make up of the Arbitration Panel the PL gathered re our takeover and the footballing loyalties of said panel?

Seeing on Twitter that Klopp has been given a two-match touchline ban and fined £75,000 for his comments about ref Paul Tierney.

(Mainly from Anfiield fan accounts so not sure of accuracy yet, hence no links)

Edited by TK-421

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's mad that he's banned for his comments and not for screaming in the 4th officials face

Just checked, he was given a red card for shouting at the linesman against Man City earlier this season, but only got a £30,000 fine and no ban for that. Then for this incident is a the fine and 1 match ban (1 suspended).

Marco Silva got a 2 match ban and £20,000 fine after being sent off in the cup match against Man U.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes, our xG from open play is almost 1:1 with goals scored. Almost all of our underperformance is from corners and set pieces. This is why all of the complaints about Trippier have driven me a bit nuts. The chances have been there - Schaar v. Arsenal one of the more recent glaring ones.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Very, very tame. Annoying. 

They're beating Southampton without Klopp there like, Aston Villa though, that could be a tricky assignment.

Touchline ban makes no difference what so ever, some mangers sit in the stands themselves ffs. 

Fergie built the dugouts at OT practically in the stands as you get a better view. 

May as well just give him a touchline gurning ban as it would cause him more distress. 

Just hoyed my player ratings throughout the season into a spreadsheet. 

Without looking, my 3 main contenders for player of the season are:

Joelinton

Schar
Trippier

Turns out that going on my ratings, my top 3 with 2 games to go are actually:

Isak

Almiron

Pope