Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

It's not even close for me, KdB is miles ahead of Gerrard (and Lampard) for me. KdB is Xavi/Iniesta levels great, Gerrard while incredible just wasn't quite st that level. 

KDB is much more similar to Gerrard (and Lampard) in style and ability than he is to Xavi/Iniesta.

Gerrard under Pep would've been something and better than KDB imo. Pep would've taught Gerrard how to play off the ball defensively.

As it stands KDB has reached higher levels of performances but he's played for a better team.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah.

Declan Rice and Jordan Henderson are very good PL midfielders. Gerrard was a level above. Maybe two levels.

Hard to judge as their roles were very different. I'd much rather have Henderson in the Henderson role than Gerrard and vice  versa

25 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

well somebody is lying 

both happened miss out the word ‘joint’ from their headlines.

From THFC: “Tottenham Hotspur has finished joint-top of this year’s league table, alongside Liverpool…”

From LFC: “The Reds and Tottenham Hotspur have been recognised as the Premier League clubs who are leading the way with their ongoing environmental sustainability efforts.”

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

@54 cheers for sharing that podcast the other day; it's really good. 

Here's their recent waffle about wor Bruno's Magpies:

I listened to that one, its a really interesting story, I do find it hilarious that the name of a club is founded due to one persons contract negotiations :lol:

The podcast itself is pretty decent, the pair can be pretty dry, and I wouldn't say they are the most charismatic or natural of hosts, but the weird and wonderful stories they cover are great. 

Whats the deal with the last game of the season on TV. Obviously they all kick off at the same time but do the broadcasters announce what they're showing on the the week before depending on what teams have to play for or what? Trying to work out whether we'd be on TV V Chelsea. Can only ever remember watching us on TV on the final day against Villa when we went down. Guessing we were V West Ham too but I was there. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

20 minutes ago, madras said:

Hard to judge as their roles were very different. I'd much rather have Henderson in the Henderson role than Gerrard and vice  versa

I mean.. Steven Gerrard was a world-class player. Jordan Henderson is/was not. I agree Henderson is better for his role but he's the epitome of a "system player". Henderson doesn't get into many other elite teams past or present.

That doesn't take away from Henderson. He's maximised his potential and career and is a cornerstone man for a Liverpool golden-era. Henderson is a better captain too. But that doesn't make him an elite player the way Gerrard was.

16 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Whats the deal with the last game of the season on TV. Obviously they all kick off at the same time but do the broadcasters announce what they're showing on the the week before depending on what teams have to play for or what? Trying to work out whether we'd be on TV V Chelsea. Can only ever remember watching us on TV on the final day against Villa when we went down. Guessing we were V West Ham too but I was there. 

Yeah they usually pick 2/3 games but it won’t be announced till after the penultimate game. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I mean.. Steven Gerrard was a world-class player. Jordan Henderson is/was not. I agree Henderson is better for his role but he's the epitome of a "system player". Henderson doesn't get into many other elite teams past or present.

That doesn't take away from Henderson. He's maximised his potential and career and is a cornerstone man for a Liverpool golden-era. Henderson is a better captain too. But that doesn't make him an elite player the way Gerrard was.

Semantics like but I wouldn't have Gerrard as world class, international class maybe but world class for me is Messi/Ronaldo etc. Gerrard is behind Modric/Iniesta for me.

Just now, madras said:

Semantics like but I wouldn't have Gerrard as world class, international class maybe but world class for me is Messi/Ronaldo etc. Gerrard is behind Modric/Iniesta for me.

Surely there's a lower bar for world-class than Messi/Ronaldo?

As far as world-class number 8 type player - I think - Iniesta, Kroos, Modric, Seedorf, Scholes and Gerrard is in that group even if he's not close to being #1. Other types of midfielder like a Vieira, Kante, Pirlo.

Even this week Barella & Gundogan. Henderson isn't as good a footballer as them.

Top players would come in and add value for multiple top class teams. Henderson has never been that level. Even he would acknowledge that. But for that Liverpool team - he's the guy.

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah they usually pick 2/3 games but it won’t be announced till after the penultimate game. 

Ridiculous they can’t all be on in this day and age

41 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Praying we don't need to be on as it's a dead rubber :lol: 

I think it will be, so depending on if the league is wrapped up or not, they'll probably have the deciding relegation games on. They'll probably be announced as late as the Thursday prior, when Man U host Chelsea.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah.

Declan Rice and Jordan Henderson are very good PL midfielders. Gerrard was a level above. Maybe two levels.

KDB is in the Xavi and Iniesta bracket , Gerard played in the same era as both of them and was a good few levels below them.