Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think it's a really interesting case study with the training ground. Leicester were heralded for their investment in it quite significantly. I remember seeing lots of videos/footage of the facility go viral because of how state of the art it is. 

However their previous training ground has a sporting covenant restriction so can't be used for anything else and therefore they were not able to offset any of the cost of that investment by selling off that land. That's a significant £100 million investment for somewhere just for players to train. Obviously you want to instill professionalism/standards at every level, and facilities are one part of it, but is it worth it if it means you're not spending elsewhere as much IE on the playing staff? There's also a question of whether moving a training ground into the middle of nowhere (it is absolutely miles from Leicester) can contribute to severing the connection between the players and the city they represent - if the only time they're ever there is on a matchday.

It probably doesn't matter as much for us, because we can afford to throw money on infrastructure, but definitely feels possibly like it might have been a bad allocation of resources in Leicester's case.

This season is on target to be the highest scoring premier league season with just over 2.84 goals per game.

the trend seems to be total goals increasing, we haven’t had a season with an average of 3 goals per game since 1966/1967. I reckon we may see that within the next 3 years.

definitely feels like there are a lot more goals scored in the first 5 mins this season as well

What a story - son goes on loan to his late dad’s former club, takes up his retired number, last game of the season scores a hattrick and celebrates in front of the stand named after his dad :aww:

It's quite a good comparison because both players are categorised as midfielders but probably have had the best form of their careers playing effectively as second forwards. Gerrard was at his best when he played off Torres for Liverpool IMO.

De Bruyne in this city team doesn't actually get the ball a huge amount for a team of their quality - comparing him to a other Guardiola midfielder like Iniesta for example. But he's ridiculously direct and effective one he gets it. Last night was a case in point.

Personally I think De Bruyne is the more effective but he's played in a completely dominant team which has made his life easier. Gerrard carried some very ordinary Liverpool sides to great things.

Edited by ponsaelius

It's not even close for me, KdB is miles ahead of Gerrard (and Lampard) for me. KdB is Xavi/Iniesta levels great, Gerrard while incredible just wasn't quite st that level.