Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Disagree with that entirely.

KDB's fundamentally a different type of player (a 10 / wide midielder converted to an 8) but even taking that into consideration... nah.

Someone said KDBs touch/control was a level above Gerrard. Disagree completely there. I mean, KDB's touch isn't even top 5 at City.

IMO I think most City players output is about 10% greater than they would get at other elite clubs. As a unit they are so dominant.

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Surely there's a lower bar for world-class than Messi/Ronaldo?

As far as world-class number 8 type player - I think - Iniesta, Kroos, Modric, Seedorf, Scholes and Gerrard is in that group even if he's not close to being #1. Other types of midfielder like a Vieira, Kante, Pirlo.

Even this week Barella & Gundogan. Henderson isn't as good a footballer as them.

Top players would come in and add value for multiple top class teams. Henderson has never been that level. Even he would acknowledge that. But for that Liverpool team - he's the guy.

Modric, Iniesta and Seedorf were a level above the others mentioned imo.

6 hours ago, Paully said:

Really good article about Leeds in the Athletic - how on earth have they managed this?!

https://theathletic.com/4495811/2023/05/08/leeds-united-manager-sacking-ownership-inside-story/

"Leeds also recorded the sixth-highest commercial revenue in the Premier League last season, while merchandise sales came in at an impressive £25million.!

Team America™

I’ve just been listening to radio there and they were on about Wrexham and how the owners came to be. They were mentioning that Hartlepool were on the list of clubs they were looking at, a massively missed opportunity for Hartlepool.

On 10/05/2023 at 21:04, LFEE said:

Would be interested to know what the forum verdict would be for this one…

KDB definitely, but any at their peak would be YaYa Toure. 2013 season where he got 20 goals he was so

dominant.

On 10/05/2023 at 21:14, ponsaelius said:

It's quite a good comparison because both players are categorised as midfielders but probably have had the best form of their careers playing effectively as second forwards. Gerrard was at his best when he played off Torres for Liverpool IMO.

De Bruyne in this city team doesn't actually get the ball a huge amount for a team of their quality - comparing him to a other Guardiola midfielder like Iniesta for example. But he's ridiculously direct and effective one he gets it. Last night was a case in point.

Personally I think De Bruyne is the more effective but he's played in a completely dominant team which has made his life easier. Gerrard carried some very ordinary Liverpool sides to great things.

Yeah, this is essentially it for me. It can't be overstated just how much Gerrard carried that Liverpool team around 2005, I've never seen that (maybe because we've not needed to see it) from De Bruyne.

On 30/03/2023 at 20:48, jack j said:

To be fair I know a kid who was in there with his youngun that day and the Chelsea fans came looking for bother in a pub filled with kids and women so I'd hardly say its crime of the century

Weird how nen of the Chelsea fans got done either

I see a couple of these lads have rightfully had their banning orders turned over.

Still had their names dragged through the mud and pictures in the chronicle mind