Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Is there any chance Everton could become good again or is it 100% guaranteed bad news for them? 

They seem to target distressed assets and try and build them back. You can see this with the clubs they have targeted. Hertha, Vasco, Genoa, Seville etc. 

Apart from Seville who they invested in as a minority stake in 2018. Nearly all their purchases have been made in 2022 so it’s hard to really know how good or bad they will be for those clubs and Everton in the long term. 

Vasco has went badly but Genoa fans seem to think they have done a good job in addressing the issues of the club. I do think the margin for error in the Premier League is way smaller than other leagues and they will have to start making good decisions quickly. 

I think fans are always a bit suspicious of any owners who see the club as an investment vehicle (outside of PIF, QSI etc) as feel their motives are primarily on profit. For all of Moshiris faults it did appear he just wanted to be an owner for the thrill of it. 

If they want to profit they’ll need to make a success of it, it all depends on what decisions are made on a football level. A lot of American sports logic just doesn’t apply to football as we’ve seen with Todd.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

777?

The guys with no money of their own? With no track record of successfully operating football clubs? The guys who said every Sevilla player is up for sale?

That 777?

Feel sorry for Everton. Moshiri had good intentions. These lot are scam artists.

They own 7% of Seville not sure they have the power to do that. 

They’ve only owned most of their collection of teams since 2022 it’s probably not clear how good they will be in the long term (hopefully not good :lol:

Moshiri seems to have had good intentions (well sort of, trying doesn't equate to being any good), but no idea of how to run a club.

777 are a bit of an unknown quantity, but they've a hell of a lot of work to do at Everton from the squad, to the set up, to the stadium.

I'd be a bit fearful of jumping from the frying pan into the fire if I was an Everton fan.

I bet it's one thing Klopp doesn't start gurning about. In which case, interesting to see how quickly or not this goes through.

Edited by Abacus

From BBC comments

“Looking at 777's other football assets this doesn't look good. Herta Berlin are now in the second division despite a top class stadium that they can't fill, Sevilla are bottom of their league and Standard Leige's fans are in active revolt against their owners.”

5 minutes ago, RS said:

From BBC comments

“Looking at 777's other football assets this doesn't look good. Herta Berlin are now in the second division despite a top class stadium that they can't fill, Sevilla are bottom of their league and Standard Leige's fans are in active revolt against their owners.”

Hertha already relegated before they bought the club.

Standard Liege protests are because they don’t want to become a feeder club to other 777 projects - bit like Bohley at Strasbourg. 

Seville they own 7% of.