Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

In fairness, who was going to buy Everton other than a pack of sharks? They’re not a good investment option for anyone who wants them to become a force in the future. There are just far too many broken things associated with the club. Not sure Moshiri sticking around would have been good either. Just think they’re completely fucked as a club, worse potentially than we were during Ashley.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ah, okay then Everton are going to be mint.

Im not saying that :lol: Just providing the counter argument that we have no idea if they’ll be good owners or not. They’ve taken clubs in the shit and had them less than a year. It’s high risk and personally I hope they fail. 

Similar to when we saved Burnley at our own misfortune by buying Wood, I wonder if the money we pumped into Everton for Gordon made Everton has made them a better prospect for new owners.

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

In fairness, who was going to buy Everton other than a pack of sharks? They’re not a good investment option for anyone who wants them to become a force in the future. There are just far too many broken things associated with the club. Not sure Moshiri sticking around would have been good either. Just think they’re completely fucked as a club, worse potentially than we were during Ashley.

I don’t know what the price will be but if it’s in the hundreds of millions it seems like a good opportunity if/when they clear their FFP troubles. In the end it’s a massive club with a big fanbase and soon a new stadium. Much better opportunity than Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool with their valuation already at billions.

PIF and Howe turned us around in months after the state of mess Ashley left us, they just need some good hirings to kickstart the change.

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They seem to target distressed assets and try and build them back. You can see this with the clubs they have targeted. Hertha, Vasco, Genoa, Seville etc. 

Apart from Seville who they invested in as a minority stake in 2018. Nearly all their purchases have been made in 2022 so it’s hard to really know how good or bad they will be for those clubs and Everton in the long term. 

Vasco has went badly but Genoa fans seem to think they have done a good job in addressing the issues of the club. I do think the margin for error in the Premier League is way smaller than other leagues and they will have to start making good decisions quickly. 

I think fans are always a bit suspicious of any owners who see the club as an investment vehicle (outside of PIF, QSI etc) as feel their motives are primarily on profit. For all of Moshiris faults it did appear he just wanted to be an owner for the thrill of it. 

If they want to profit they’ll need to make a success of it, it all depends on what decisions are made on a football level. A lot of American sports logic just doesn’t apply to football as we’ve seen with Todd.

Now where have I heard that before?

_108082306_ashleypa.jpg.webp

9 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who's the the most underrated player in the league at the moment? My choice is Pascal Groß

I’d say Kenny Tete at Fulham. Never gets talked about despite being a very solid right-back.

Edit: Statistically the best fullback 1v1 (defensively) in Europe last season and very decent going forward too. Doesn’t get enough plaudits imo (although haven’t been paying attention to his performances this campaign).

Edited by McCormick

Fuck me if you can't celebrate scoring 2 goals to win a game in the 98th and 100th minute then you may as well call it a day

Edit just realised this was showing the hypocrisy of the bloke posting the video

Edited by jack j