gbandit

29 minutes ago, OCK said:

Kick ins is happening at youth level in England from 24/25

My daughter played a friendly last week and they used them unofficially

Quite enjoyed it tbf.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

My daughter played a friendly last week and they used them unofficially

Quite enjoyed it tbf.

Throw ins are one of the most pointless parts of youth football. Kids can barely throw it, nobody wants to/can control it, so the ball just fumbles about for a bit. 

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

RBleeds coming soon :anguish:

That’s the foot in the door I’d be very concerned if I was a Leeds fan. Once 49’s want to sell up RB will increase their stake 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s the foot in the door I’d be very concerned if I was a Leeds fan. Once 49’s want to sell up RB will increase their stake 

The FA changed the rules. You can’t change a clubs name, traditional home colours, and club badge without approval from the majority of fans.

Although the reasons are obvious, it’s still surprising that (apparently) Olympiacos are the first club outside England, Spain, Italy and Germany to win a European trophy since Porto in 2011. Guess it highlights Ajax’s decline and PSG’s failure.

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Wouldn't that make throw ins like corners?

Would mean a throw in would be like having a freekick.

An absolutely fucking stupid idea.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Would mean a throw in would be like having a freekick.

An absolutely fucking stupid idea.

Not really. If it's implemented like it is in futsal it'll be nothing like taking a freekick/corner. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OCK said:

Kick ins is happening at youth level in England from 24/25

They experimented with it in one of the non-leagues in the mid90s.It was like free-kicks being pumped into the box. Looked horrific.

Don Howe checked it out and predictably liked it which says it all.

Long as it stays at youth level.

Edited by Wolfcastle

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

They experimented with it in one of the non-leagues in the mid90s.It was like free-kicks being pumped into the box. Looked horrific.

Don Howe checked it out and predictably liked it which says it all.

Long as it stays at youth level.

Indirect freekick basically, but you can either pass it or dribble. 

15 hours ago, leffe186 said:

:lol: Didn’t realize how much I had missed the way Waddle moves.

Watch young Lewis Miley running with the ball, next then you get the opportunity. Really reminds me of Waddler. 

Surprised this hasn't been discussed yet (unless ive totally missed it somewhere) but next years League Cup will be seeded to ensure the teams playing in Europe cant play each other until at least the 5th round.

"The Carabao Cup has been forced to adopt a new “seeding mechanism” to ease the fixture pile-up caused by the extended Champions League format.

Rankings will ensure Champions League qualifiers do not draw Europa League teams, with third-round EFL Cup fixtures now spread over two weeks to further ease congestion.

The league has left its options open for the fifth round when it becomes clear whether there could be any further clashes with European competition.

The Europa Conference League (European football’s third tier) will affect any round three for the domestic competition as its group stages start at a later date. Unprecedented fixture chaos next season had previously prompted clubs to warn they might be be forced to field their kids in the Carabao Cup."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/05/29/carabao-cup-seeding-system-keep-big-clubs-apart-next-season/

So to ease congestion they make it easier for them to get through and... play more games :facepalm:

The game is so fucking corrupt its beyond belief

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

that’s an interesting one 

Not really very ESG but isn’t Dortmund a heavy coal mining area? Doubt they give a fuck as long as they’re coining it in and closing the gap on the Evil Empire that is Bayern Munich.