Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

11 hours ago, LFEE said:

“the FA panel did, however conclude that Yems:

Described Muslim members of the squad as "terrorists"

Deliberately mispronounced the second half of Arnold Schwarzenegger's name to emphasise the N-word

Used a racial stereotype to a black player of African origin by asking if he liked jerk chicken

Told Muslim players "your people blow up stuff with vests"

Said that an Iraqi youth international at the club "would probably blow up the stadium"

Repeatedly made comments about another player "carrying a bomb in his bag"

Called one player a "curry muncher" and asked if the player was unhappy that they did not server "curry pizza"

Made a remark to one player about "how dark his skin is'" on his return to Crawley after representing Grenada

A sanctions document indicates the FA pushed for a two-year suspension but the independent panel agreed with Yems' solicitors that their client was not a racist and neither did he "ever intend to make racist remarks".”

FFS.

^ Not sure how little know that is about Cantona. It was well known the only reason he was in England was because of the chaos he caused in France. Was on trial at Sheffield Wednesday before Leeds. England wasn't a major league at the time. Certainly not liable to get French internationals by normal channels nevermind on trials.

7 hours ago, toon25 said:

Fuck, man. Had no idea Sknisa Mihaijlovic died in December. Was it widely reported?

Wow! that's the first I've heard of that. Seems I was reading about an appointment or sacking somewhere or a diagnosis not long before that.

Top free-kick taker and that Red Star team was special. The CL/EC final was rank but the stuff they played in the semi against Bayern is worlds above anything you'll see now.

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 18/01/2023 at 10:45, Manxst said:

“the FA panel did, however conclude that Yems:

Described Muslim members of the squad as "terrorists"

Deliberately mispronounced the second half of Arnold Schwarzenegger's name to emphasise the N-word

Used a racial stereotype to a black player of African origin by asking if he liked jerk chicken

Told Muslim players "your people blow up stuff with vests"

Said that an Iraqi youth international at the club "would probably blow up the stadium"

Repeatedly made comments about another player "carrying a bomb in his bag"

Called one player a "curry muncher" and asked if the player was unhappy that they did not server "curry pizza"

Made a remark to one player about "how dark his skin is'" on his return to Crawley after representing Grenada

A sanctions document indicates the FA pushed for a two-year suspension but the independent panel agreed with Yems' solicitors that their client was not a racist and neither did he "ever intend to make racist remarks".”

FFS.

WTF this cant be real in this day and age (i know it is but...)

To many of us in Suffolk the legend that was Sir Bobby that connected us makes Newcastle our favourite Prem club. I just watched a video of Isak almost in tears after losing to Liverpool. Four months on you have not lost since and they are trailing in your wake. Top 4 bring it on.

1 hour ago, Anglian said:

To many of us in Suffolk the legend that was Sir Bobby that connected us makes Newcastle our favourite Prem club. I just watched a video of Isak almost in tears after losing to Liverpool. Four months on you have not lost since and they are trailing in your wake. Top 4 bring it on.

Thanks Anglian in peace. Sir Bobby was a people person and I think it's fair to say he was loved across the whole football community.

On 19/01/2023 at 12:33, toon25 said:

Fuck, man. Had no idea Sknisa Mihaijlovic died in December. Was it widely reported?

Was mentioned last week about how Conte had been affected by the deaths of Vialli and Mihaijlovic, as he’d been close to both of them.

In reply to the Jem's issue , our lot weren't too brill either towards black players ,along with other clubs, throwing bananas at the guys etc etc, Sir Les got plenty of abuse also ,if you do some research you will discover as what can only be described as horrific behaviour towards black players