Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

45 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Since it's been debated a fair bit on social media since the weekend, are we buying into the assessment from Carragher that VVD is the best CB in Premier League history?

Definitely not for me. Had a fantastic few years and I know stats don't always tell the full story, but there's at least a few I'd have ahead of him.

Van Dijk at his peak was better than the others but that seems to have been short lived.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

He spent most of his career in the Championship

He did but we were hovering around there at that time, too. Rather would have stuck with him than bring in the likes of Butt and Geremie. At his Championship scoring rate, you’d think he’d get 4-6 a season in the Prem. 

You can use transfermarkt to see very quickly a player's potted history (the red and green arrows on the right hand side are subbed on and off): 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/darren-ambrose/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/4086/plus/1?saison=&verein=358&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

That Wigan game posted by Yorkie is the only occasion in Ambrose's Charlton career (in fact it's the only occasion in his entire career) that he was subbed on and then withdrawn. He might have been brought on to take a free kick, impossible to know, but the rest is just bollocks.

Random question

Was talking to someone yesterday about the time when we had two players on the pitch with the same shirt number (due to a blood injury). Can anybody remember the game or the player involved, its been annoying me for a while now

I seem to recall it being an away game and perhaps Lascelles wore number 2?

Edited by geordie_b

18 hours ago, gbandit said:

This been posted somewhere?

What happened to Sane? Thought he’d be in the CR7 of the Bundesliga but his Prem numbers are better than the ones he’s been putting up in Germany. Looked excellent vs City, mind.