Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

6 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Doesn't look good, but maybe a bit of an over-reaction if this was one small part of quite a lot of interaction if she was mascot?

But yeah - Pav smiled at me as he got in his car once after a match (3-1 defeat to smoggies in the Coca Cola Cup) when I was 7 and here I am still remembering it 27 years later.

People seem to be thinking that they don't sign tons of shirts and see tons of people on any given day. Yeah, she's a young kid, so obviously be nicer than to some random 50 year old autograph collector. Doesn't change the fact they'll likely be dead tired of doing things like that and just wanting to get on with their day, for them it's just as mundane and repetitive a thing to do as stacking shelves with Dolmio sauces is for a Lidl employee - yet those employees are expected to smile at all customers as well. 

As long as they're not actively rude or dismissive towards anyone I feel people are overreacting. The girl got her shirt signed, she got to get up close and personal with her heroes - let's talk shit about them for not being super happy and smiling when doing one of the most boring and repetitive tasks in their profession  :dontknow: 

Edited by Kaizero

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

People seem to be thinking that they don't sign tons of shirts and see tons of people on any given day. Yeah, she's a young kid, so obviously be nicer than to some random 50 year old autograph collector. Doesn't change the fact they'll likely be dead tired of doing things like that and just wanting to get on with their day, for them it's just as mundane and repetitive a thing to do as stacking shelves with Dolmio sauces is for a Lidl employee - yet those employees are expected to smile at all customers as well. 

As long as they're not actively rude or dismissive towards anyone I feel people are overreacting. The girl got her shirt signed, she got to get up close and personal with her heroes - let's talk shit about them for not being super happy and smiling when doing one of the most boring and repetitive tasks in their profession  :dontknow: 

Stacking shelves against being a professional footballer in the biggest league in the world though, little Harry fresh from school stacking the shelves at Asda isn't an inspiration to kids strangely [emoji38]

I know this arguement comes up when a player gets caught doing something wrong in the press, about they're just human and it's unfair to hold them up on this pedestal, but to kids, these people are damn nearly super heroes!

Think some of the reaction is ott, but it isn't the nice sincere fan engagement arsenal's media team have thought when posting it!

I remember when I was a ballboy for nufc back in early 2000's and we were given a little tray of sandwiches at half time in the corridors and Bobby Robson came past and snaffled a sandwich and gave us all a cheeky wink like a naughty granda. That moment stuck with me because it was almost endearing that someone like him was actually a normal bloke like your actual grandad/uncle or something.

I know I've went off on a tangent, but I do feel they could've gave the lass a smile/high five/ruffle of the hair, them 'nornal' moments really do stick with kids.

23 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Stacking shelves against being a professional footballer in the biggest league in the world though, little Harry fresh from school stacking the shelves at Asda isn't an inspiration to kids strangely [emoji38]

I know this arguement comes up when a player gets caught doing something wrong in the press, about they're just human and it's unfair to hold them up on this pedestal, but to kids, these people are damn nearly super heroes!

Think some of the reaction is ott, but it isn't the nice sincere fan engagement arsenal's media team have thought when posting it!

I remember when I was a ballboy for nufc back in early 2000's and we were given a little tray of sandwiches at half time in the corridors and Bobby Robson came past and snaffled a sandwich and gave us all a cheeky wink like a naughty granda. That moment stuck with me because it was almost endearing that someone like him was actually a normal bloke like your actual grandad/uncle or something.

I know I've went off on a tangent, but I do feel they could've gave the lass a smile/high five/ruffle of the hair, them 'nornal' moments really do stick with kids.

I'm not comparing the status of the jobs or how well they pay, I'm comparing the repetitiveness and mundaneness of it for the ones involved. For them this is just a part of their job that the do multiple times per day, every day, for 15+ years. 

However, if this is from when they arrive - meaning this is their first official part of work on the day - I'd agree they could be more amped up. That said, if it's at the end of the day or after a match is complete, I'd make the complaint that Arsenal are bad at scheduling things like this rather than diss the players.

Edited by Kaizero

3 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I'm not comparing the status of the jobs or how well they pay, I'm comparing the repetitiveness and mundaneness of it for the ones involved. For them this is just a part of their job that the do multiple times per day, every day, for 15+ years. 

However, if this is from when they arrive - meaning this is their first official part of work on the day - I'd agree they could be more amped up. That said, if it's at the end of the day or after a match is complete, I'd make the complaint that Arsenal are bad at scheduling things like this rather than diss the players.

Tbf I've covered both scenarios in my post because I'd agree.

Arsenal's media team have fudged it if they think that's a heart warming fan engagement post. 

But the over reaction isn't surprising mind, you'd think each player had farted in her face the way some people go on.

Also, whilst I get the repetitiveness of the job for them, it's ultimately a small part of their day to engage with fans etc. But for that fan it could be her entire day/week/memory for life. Now get back on that pedestal professional footballers and dance for us! [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Tbf I've covered both scenarios in my post because I'd agree.

Arsenal's media team have fudged it if they think that's a heart warming fan engagement post. 

But the over reaction isn't surprising mind, you'd think each player had farted in her face the way some people go on.

Also, whilst I get the repetitiveness of the job for them, it's ultimately a small part of their day to engage with fans etc. But for that fan it could be her entire day/week/memory for life. Now get back on that pedestal professional footballers and dance for us! [emoji38]

Seems to be OTT by a mile, checked out on Arsenal's website what a day looks like for an official mascot. Mascots walk out with the players, join them on the pitch for the warm up, picture/question opportunities with some requested players and more :dontknow: 

Arsenal media team just decided that posting the worst looking part of that girl's dream day was the one to go with :lol:

Edited by Kaizero

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

Seems to be OTT by a mile, checked out on Arsenal's website what a day looks like for an official mascot. Mascots walk out with the players, join them on the pitch for the warm up, picture/question opportunities with some requested players and more :dontknow: 

Howay Kaz, that doesn't fit into the narrative, we want some fewm.

4 hours ago, Kaizero said:

This is rubbish man, none of the players even glanced at her. It would have taken a second to smile at her, ask her how she’s doing or share a little joke with her. It’s basic human decency.

The reason why that clip has gone so viral is because there’s a recognition that the lack of effort to interact with the little girl is genuinely shocking.

If that wee'un's had a full day with the lads and has, at some other point, been treated like a human that exists, then no worries. But in isolation that video makes the players look like a right set of disinterested knobheads. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If that wee'un's had a full day with the lads and has, at some other point, been treated like a human that exists, then no worries. But in isolation that video makes the players look like a right set of disinterested knobheads. :lol: 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Aye, this is probably where I'd land. But if this is the first time they're actually seeing her and they know she's the mascot, then is eye contact, a smile, or even a little hello or pat on the head (can you do that to kids these days?) really too much to ask?

She looks sound as fuck :lol:, the poor lass, I don't know why you wouldn't want to be the absolute base level of human to her.

I don't think we're asking for too much when no one even looks at her. Howay man, it literally takes no effort at all to smile at her or just say hello, or at least take one of your earphones out :lol: They all acted like she was some horribly deformed creature they wanted to avoid, and there's no "repetitive part of their mundane job" bullshit you can come up with that excuses that sort of behaviour towards anyone, let alone a kid.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Major protests planned for the game with Villa at Old Trafford at the end of the month.

Hopefully doesn't go the same route as the Liverpool one a couple of years ago.

Do you have lots of “support the team, not the regime” fans, who won’t join in and will cause disharmony amongst the fans? Are there any Man U fans that don’t want them out?

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Major protests planned for the game with Villa at Old Trafford at the end of the month.

Hopefully doesn't go the same route as the Liverpool one a couple of years ago.

You must really want that blood money 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Do you have lots of “support the team, not the regime” fans, who won’t join in and will cause disharmony amongst the fans? Are there any Man U fans that don’t want them out?

It's probably like 95/5. I have had conversations with some fans who don't care about them being in charge because we're still spending money on players. It's a very short sighted view.

Just now, Ben said:

You must really want that blood money 

There were protests long before the club was for sale.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

It's probably like 95/5. I have had conversations with some fans who don't care about them being in charge because we're still spending money on players. It's a very short sighted view.

There were protests long before the club was for sale.

It was a shit attempt at humour, for what we went through for 13 years I have nothing but sympathy for fans of clubs with poor owners 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

It was a shit attempt at humour, for what we went through for 13 years I have nothing but sympathy for fans of clubs with poor owners 

:lol: Sorry, never picked up on it, as others on here will say it straight faced.

The Glazers have made a mistake here I think. They've said the club is for sale and are now putting out PR that they want investment and would be prepared to stay when that's just not possible now and the logistics of it doesn't make any sense.

They're trying to raise the price even further before the 28th of April (final deadline for round 3 of bids), but the share price has already taken a huge hit as soon as this news was released. They need to take the £5-6b on the table and run.

15 hours ago, jack j said:

Cant believe they have posted this. Absolutely pathetic. Not one of them can even speak to the lass. What a bunch of cunts ffs

This video pissed me off more than anything today. I was having a pretty good day but fucking honestly. Multimilionares playing a fun game cant even take a second to say hi or look her in the eye. And the way she just light up to some of them and they are like just.. no fucks given. Fuck them.