Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

20 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Well done Ben.

You must have won some kind of award tonight for being so wrong so many times.

Bloke behind me at the Bournemouth game was saying shit like that all game. “They’re shit these it’s only a matter of time”. Felt like punching the cunt. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think I'll cherry pick some unrepresentative posts so I can humble brag over a 0-0 :lol:

The patriots sure do love showing off over nowt.

England is clearly a better team. USA fought out a draw. This doesn't seem over the top to me.

10 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know Rice is the best thing since sliced bread but does he do anything other than play the pass back. So many times he could have spun his man and we’d have been open, am I just too used to Bruno?

He’s a £20m player worth £100m because of his passport

On that basis, would anyone like to buy my English passport for £80m?  I’m a dual national.  It’s going spare. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was noticeable how little Trippier played anything into the box.

Kane was shocking as well mind, so you have to wonder how much that affected us.

I get what he offers but I'm sick of Kane being in midfield half the game. Especially when it means Mount becomes the centre forward.

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

This is a horse shit take. The U.S. were not dross. Their midfield played well.

Some real bad takes here in general.

As a neutral observer of the game I thought the USA looked great. Just a bit hesitant with the final ball especially from out wide. Trying to cut back instead of whipping across earlier.

The USA looked a much more modern and dynamic side. Made England look like a plodding outfit that weren't sure of what to do to open them up.

England desperately need a more modern manager before this generation of talent goes to waste. That really is the issue with them.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

USA didnt fight out a draw, mind. They cruised towards a draw missing the quality to win it. 

I'm not sure I agree. They played with pace and determination. They played a more talented team in a neutral venue. They cruised a bit after England brought on their subs but you play the guys in front of you. They only had a couple of chances so were not super threatening, on that I would agree.

I think it's fair to say that the USA played well whilst at the same time acknowledging we were shit and were to content to sit back and show no desire to go for the win. 

Just now, KaKa said:

As a neutral observer of the game I thought the USA looked great. Just a bit hesitant with the final ball especially from out wide. Trying to cut back instead of whipping across earlier.

The USA looked a much more modern and dynamic side. Made England look like a plodding outfit that weren't sure of what to do to open them up.

England desperately need a more modern manager before this generation of talent goes to waste. That really is the issue with them.

US are a striker away from being quite good.

11 minutes ago, midds said:

The US front 6 were great mind, they knew exactly what they had to do and executed it perfectly. They were a threat on the break and opened England up several times and they deserve credit tonight. 

But what's the point in qualifying if that's how you're going to approach and play games? Southgate is dripping negativity into this side, he's clearly told them that a point is good and totally acceptable tonight and they 100% played like it. England have a fantastic squad out there but the weakest link is in the dug-out imo and I think the squad is papering over the managerial cracks and not vice versa. 

He might have created a great atmosphere for the players and fair play but that only gets you so far. He’s negative and tactically clueless once the game gets going. In game

management is horrific 

Every time their keeper had it was everyone else not confused why Callum Wilson or Miggy Almiron weren’t closing in on him closing off the pass to a CB and FB?

But instead Kane and Mount were man marking the defence giving them all the time in the world to sort themselves out?

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Was mad how far back he was so often, compared to where we'd usually see him. Definitely been told.

The USA played a very tight midfield block that needed players in the England side to drop in there and be able to play quick combination passes, but they seemed very hesitant to do so. They looked as if they had no idea of how to deal with that.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This 100%