Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

Not much surprising about that game to be honest, apart from us (Poland) not conceding. Was always going to be a 50/50 game. 

A few class players but the rest is absolutely dross, I mean our best CB is a 34 year old playing for a team 16th in Serie B in Italy and there isn't a single serviceable winger in the whole squad. 34 year old Kamil Grosicki got in the 23 man group ffs. The team just isn't better than this, good enough to qualify but never good enough to do much else. 

We usually beat the teams we "should" beat and fall apart when up against proper teams. Think we'll beat Saudi Arabia and probably get trashed by Argentina, the group could be decided on goal difference.  But hard to say as neither us or Mexico looked particularly good. 

Edited by Ridman

I actually thought mwxico dominated and played some nice football.

Chucky the 22 for mexico was outstanding. Goalie made a cracker of a save for the penalty.

Even though there were no goals I enjoyed the game

20 minutes ago, Ridman said:

Not much surprising about that game to be honest, apart from us (Poland) not conceding. Was always going to be a 50/50 game. 

A few class players but the rest is absolutely dross, I mean our best CB is a 34 year old playing for a team 16th in Serie B in Italy and there isn't a single serviceable winger in the whole squad. 34 year old Kamil Grosicki got in the 23 man group ffs. The team just isn't better than this, good enough to qualify but never good enough to do much else. 

We usually beat the teams we "should" beat and fall apart when up against proper teams. Think we'll beat Saudi Arabia and probably get trashed by Argentina, the group could be decided on goal difference.  But hard to say as neither us or Mexico looked particularly good. 

There just seemed to be no pace and urgency from the side whatsoever - particularly on the flanks

Having seen the highlights and seen just how soft the Argie pel was, they have got absolutely nothing to complain about with the referee. I also note that Messi has made a career out of flopping in La Liga, so he tends to get a sad on when international refs don't automatically blow whenever he throws himself to the ground. Good. Argie cunts.

1 minute ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I also note that Messi has made a career out of flopping in La Liga

He really hasn't, one of the few players who really tries to stay on his feet and has been kicked a lot during his career due to that.

1 hour ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Having seen the highlights and seen just how soft the Argie pel was, they have got absolutely nothing to complain about with the referee. I also note that Messi has made a career out of flopping in La Liga, so he tends to get a sad on when international refs don't automatically blow whenever he throws himself to the ground. Good. Argie cunts.

This is just an absurd take, dude. Messi is pretty renowned for using his otherworldly balance to play through fouls. 

19 hours ago, Flip said:

Might as well give me a Mexican passport tomorrow. Never going to feel as mexican as I will tomorrow.

I try and try to root for Mexico in all international tournaments due to some sort of fake Concacaf loyalty pact, but I’m never too bothered when they fail.  They’re always just good enough to go out on penalties.