Our Shithousery

The Prophet

8 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

The team was set up to defend a freekick, unaware that a throw in had actually been given. Lascelles delayed the throw so they could all shift across to properly defend the throw. Could easily have been the moment they nicked a goal. Has to be applauded and absolutely worth a yellow.

Arguably a Red card for me.

I don't know the actual rules around it but for me I'd have probably accepted that if was given. Either way, it was worth it and I'm glad he did it.

Every team would slow the game down if the circumstances warranted it.If you disagree you are absolutely clueless on this topic.To any clueless posters on here,name a team who would take an average amount of time over a goal kick with 30 seconds remaining in a game if the score line was in their favour? If you disagree,show yourself !!!! 

23 minutes ago, Heron said:

I don't know the actual rules around it but for me I'd have probably accepted that if was given. Either way, it was worth it and I'm glad he did it.

Ungentlemanly contact is a yellow card offence.Lascelles conduct probably came under that.

28 minutes ago, Heron said:

Under what rule could you make any argument for red? 

It was like putting a foot out to stop a quick free kick. Yellow at most.

1 minute ago, madras said:

A red maybe as he wasn't even on the field. Too easy to ask your backroom staff or subs to get involved if the only consequence is a yellow card.

Guest reefatoon
19 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I thought Lascelles was trying to push Cucurella back because he was trying to be snide moving way longer forward than where the ball had gone out :lol: 

Yeah I agree, he was stopping him moving forward and stealing some ground to take the throw.

Edited by reefatoon

9 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

The team was set up to defend a freekick, unaware that a throw in had actually been given. Lascelles delayed the throw so they could all shift across to properly defend the throw. Could easily have been the moment they nicked a goal. Has to be applauded and absolutely worth a yellow.

Howe and Tindall were screaming at the players that it was a throw too. Was a close up on Sky. Howe was on the field too. Guess Lascelles was the one who heard.

1 hour ago, madras said:

I don't know, but the fact he wasn't supposed to be interfering with play ads a substitute just wasn't sure what could be applied.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

We're getting stick for doing similar.

I can't help thinking what the media reaction would be were it Man U or Liverpool doing it.

In one word: 'different'.

Got away with a blatant penalty though, ‘Big 6’ style… 😝

So we couldn't make any more subs and sent Lascelles out purely for the shitehousery. Well played. 

I'm not into the dark arts but after decades of being generally the nice guys, taking zero shit all round is refreshing in the least. Shearer, Batty and Pearce would have loved playing in this team. Bowyer and Barton would have taken it too far.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

So we couldn't make any more subs and sent Lascelles out purely for the shitehousery. Well played. 

I'm not into the dark arts but after decades of being generally the nice guys, taking zero shit all round is refreshing in the least. Shearer, Batty and Pearce would have loved playing in this team. Bowyer and Barton would have taken it too far.

We only made 3 subs.

I just rewatched the last 20 mins of the game and it’s even less bad than you think heat of moment. We started tackling harder, crowd was feeding into it and then we basically disrupted any momentum they had towards the end. Free kick? Let’s shove a bit and slow them them down. Let’s get into their attacking players heads to rattle them up and make them lose focus. It’s brilliant stuff. 

Particularly enjoyed Murphy putting the ball down for a corner (which should have been given btw) and pretending he didn't know that it was a throw that had been given. Before a) putting his hands up, explaining politely and slowly that it was a misunderstanding and b) asking the referee if he's sure it wasn't a corner.

Whole charade took a good 30 seconds.

3 hours ago, brummie said:

We're getting stick for doing similar.

I can't help thinking what the media reaction would be were it Man U or Liverpool doing it.

In one word: 'different'.

The Man Utd team of the 90s knew every trick in the book and they weren't shy of using them.

It was explained away with euphemisms such as them having "a competitive streak", "wanting it more" and "just refusing to accept defeat."