Our Shithousery

The Prophet

30 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I would say it was him introducing a second ball to the pitch at the pen to hold things up was a clever thinking.

Despite people thinking we are the English Atleti we are firmly mid table on the fair play league with beyond reproach Arsenal just a point ahead of us. 

image.thumb.png.f279099cecec8e529a8b53113e5ac738.png

Aye that’s because of all the brown envelopes we’ve been sending out.

Man Utd on 43 points through yellows alone [emoji38]

Not even a red to pad the numbers a bit. 

18 hours ago, James said:

The best shithousery today was Pope randomly faking an injury so that we could get strapping on Bruno.

I actually think pretending that the opposition had 12 players on, in order to get the ref to stop the game while he counts them is better.

Like a really shit April Fools gag and completely shameless 😂

It’s great like, one of my favourite pastimes these days is reading other boards.

You can literally say anything, and if it fits a narrative they want they’ll just run away with it.

The referees love us, we’re constantly smashing records (by 10 minutes) for time in play, dirty bastards, worst time wasters ever, longball merchants, Howe is the biggest, most smug cunt in the league, luck teams always have an off day against us, ruined the game with our spending, horrible sports washers and the only set of fans who would accept it. I genuinely hope it never ends [emoji38]

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I actually think pretending that the opposition had 12 players on, in order to get the ref to stop the game while he counts them is better.

Like a really shit April Fools gag and completely shameless 😂

Missed that, that’s class like, who did it? [emoji38]

It's funny like. The tribalism and lack of self awareness on boards is class, ours included. :lol: Maybe I'm more of a football friend like, but I think I like it more when I go on a board and see that there are people that get it. I remember going on that Palace forum years ago and it was sad to see so many people who were that thick and ignorant. 

11 minutes ago, Slim said:

Our fans moaning about Fulham wasting time are so dumb.  I get getting on refs back but sitting there crying about Fulham blows my mind.

That's just football fans though

In that moment you're lost and it doesn't give a fuck if you're a hypocrite or not

I don't really give a fuck what a bunch of glory hunters, who are butt hurt about the fact we won't roll over and die to give them their god given entitlement to success anymore, think.

Edited by Skeletor

hmmm... it's this grey area between gamesmanship and cheating. 

I think deliberately introducing another ball on to the pitch is crossing that line tbh. I can remember Simeone doing something similar a couple of years ago. 

We're not the only ones who do it, but keepers trying to mess with a penalty taker's head seems to have gone a bit far. Refs need to start introducing yellow cards. 

Edited by Cronky

6 minutes ago, Cronky said:

hmmm... it's this grey area between gamesmanship and cheating. 

I think deliberately introducing another ball on to the pitch is crossing that line tbh. I can remember Simeone doing something similar a couple of years ago. 

We're not the only ones who do it, but keepers trying to mess with a penalty taker's head seems to have gone a bit far. Refs need to start introducing yellow cards. 

The only reason the penalty taker stutters their run etc. is to confuse the keeper and give themselves an even greater advantage.

If you're going to penalise a keeper when the odds are already massively stacked against them, then I'd suggest you need to look at penalty etiquette as a whole.

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The only reason the penalty taker stutters their run etc. is to confuse the keeper and give themselves an even greater advantage.

If you're going to penalise a keeper when the odds are already massively stacked against them, then I'd suggest you need to look at penalty etiquette as a whole.

I'm fine with the kicker stuttering their run. As far as I know, it's not against the laws and I would see it as part of the taker's range of possible skills. I think it's only when the taker actually stops completely that the law is infringed?

I just think putting the kicker off is getting out of hand. It all seems to have taken off after Krul successfully put a couple of opponents off during a penalty shoot out during the 2018 World Cup. And the trouble it seems to work. Issue a yellow, and then a red if necessary. That would stop it. At the moment, refs seem powerless.