Our Shithousery

The Prophet

8 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Why do they call it shithousery, it's part of the game. No doubt Arsenal would have preferred it if we had been Mr nice guys and let them win 5-0 or something. It's about playing to your strengths and ours is our defence. Our attack isn't good enough to all out attack some of the top teams at the moment but that will come

Google shithousery  select images. Scroll through. Case closed :howe:

there's a fine line too, dont want to be giving refs the chance to fuck us over like at anfield.

i was shitting it on the weekend thinking wilson would get a red for his shove on the leeds keeper.

and tbh last night, the herculean BDB has a hold of two of their defenders and flinging them around like rag dolls.

dont want refs just watching BDB like a hawk and itching to give a pel in our next game.

Leeds were far bigger shit houses the other day. but because it wasn’t on Sky or against any of the ESL 6 nobody cares. it’s part of the game, whether people like it or not.

we need to get used it ourselves, it’ll happen more and more once the ignorance lifts and enough people realise we’re a top team.

Thankfully we’ll never be the ”English Atleti” with Howe’s attacking style of football. As for shithousery, well, as mentioned, it’s part of the game. But there’s definitely a line where I wouldn’t be proud of it. 

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The only thing to be pissed off about from the Leeds match is all the golden chances we had that we didn't take. Longstaff buries his easy chance, we win, no-one cares about any of their shithousery. 

Wood had an even easier chance 

Long may it continue. For too long we've been the team willing to roll over and let the so called 'bigger teams' bag 3/4/5 goals without a whimper.

We're not the team that everyone used to love playing when they need a result anymore.

We're tough, mean, adaptable and incisive and it's got a lot of teams afraid that we're not just here to make up the numbers anymore.

No issue with it, as I said in the other thread. It’s part of the game. We just need to be realistic and grown up about it happening to us and/or stoppage time being longer than allotted if we’re laying down in stoppage time. 

The crowd is always going to react to it, after the fact though most people accepted Leeds played it well, our players were daft and played right into their hands. 

Looking around a few forums though the sheer disdain towards what was a fairly tame amount of gamesmanship is hilarious. It’s not even Arsenal supporters either, people who have no stake in the game are pretending they wouldn’t be happy to see their side do the same for some reason :lol:

Diving is universally despised but time wasting and ‘gamesmanship’ isn’t. Everybody loves it when it works for them and the insane amounts of crying make it even better.

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

there's a fine line too, dont want to be giving refs the chance to fuck us over like at anfield.

i was shitting it on the weekend thinking wilson would get a red for his shove on the leeds keeper.

and tbh last night, the herculean BDB has a hold of two of their defenders and flinging them around like rag dolls.

dont want refs just watching BDB like a hawk and itching to give a pel in our next game.

I agree we have to be a little careful. Longstaff going down last minute for what seemed no more than a rest a prime example. I think Pope has now learnt not to draw too much attention and get the balance right when taking his goal kicks. Doing it without alerting the crowd which in turn doesn’t alert the ref is the real art to it.

Just now, LFEE said:

I agree we have to be a little careful. Longstaff going down last minute for what seemed no more than a rest a prime example. I think Pope has now learnt not to draw too much attention and get the balance right when taking his goal kicks. Doing it without alerting the crowd which in turn doesn’t alert the ref is the real art to it.

That was due to Willock having bad cramp and us defending a man down. He was preventing the quick throw from Arsenal. 100% the right thing to do even if it was a bit blatant.

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

That was due to Willock having bad cramp and us defending a man down. He was preventing the quick throw from Arsenal. 100% the right thing to do even if it was a bit blatant.

I understand what you are saying but in this instance we’d be better Willock staying down and waving for treatment. I actually thought the incident I was referring to was in the dying minutes when Willock had already been subbed but I may be wrong.

33 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Chelsea filled their trophy cabinet by shithousing. Man City have been cynical as fuck since the arrival of Pep, chopping down any opposition players at the start of every break. 

Almost everyone spent December egging Argentina on as they shithoused their way through the World Cup.

It’s barely worse than any other team and absolutely every team engages in it. 

What doesn’t make sense to me is the smooth brained local press making it front and centre of coverage. 

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

It’s barely worse than any other team and absolutely every team engages in it. 

What doesn’t make sense to me is the smooth brained local press making it front and centre of coverage. 

We are upsetting the status quo! 

Just imagine Arsenal scored last night in the 80th minute, their shithousing would be off the scale. 

It's been around for years, mainly just getting the ball in the opposition corner flag and holding it, winning a corner then repeat. Perfectly legitimate in order to get a result. Come the end of the season it could be the difference between a title win or European qualification considering things can come down to a single point or goal difference. 

It's not pretty and it's horrible when it's done against your own team but you would be naive and quite a poor manager if you didn't employ it when you need to hold on to a result. Certainly in the big games at the very least.