Our Shithousery

The Prophet

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dunno like Joelinton, Longstaff and Bruno aren't shy to give away a tactical foul if they're breaking. Thank God Bruno missed with that late lunge on Saturday or we'd not be seeing him again until the New Year. :lol:

I meant bad tackles and rough play. Like Man Utd would kick the shit out of their rivals and get away with it largely.

Bruno went too far there aye. That was more to break up play (he just did it recklessly) at the end of a match than a shithouse tactic from the start to rough up Chelsea. Man Utd and other teams used to try and kick the shit out of Arsenal for example.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Been said multiple times but there's alot of similarities between this Newcastle team and the Atleti team of the last 10 years. The shithousing is just part of that, intensity and attitude towards each game is another. 

I'd love to see us get in the Champions  League and draw them in our group :rolleyes:

I think we are more similar to title-winning Leicester.

Overwhelmed and thrashed a few teams. Defensively orgainsed. Some limited players. 100% commitment from the group.

I don't think we're as intentionally cynical and rough as Atleti.

Why are people so shocked about this? Top teams do it all of the time.

Classic example was Longstaff not getting a foul, looking up and then being ‘injured’. If we need to slow the game down then we do it.

Manure won their titles doing it. As far as I’m concerned its all part of it now, fuck’em 

Scholes 'inability' to tackle became a standing joke between commentators and fans. "Haha, there's Scholes launching into another dangerous tackle, haha, he hasn't quite got that one right has he? Haha etc" Openly accepted by everyone and largely got away with it. Late as fuck game after game and it drew chuckles and not yellows. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/11/2022 at 12:22, Mazzy said:

Been said multiple times but there's alot of similarities between this Newcastle team and the Atleti team of the last 10 years. The shithousing is just part of that, intensity and attitude towards each game is another. 

I'd love to see us get in the Champions  League and draw them in our group :rolleyes:

The shithousery and speed of winning the ball back in central midfield when we lose it mirror Atletico. Undoubtedly things Eddie picked up from that dirty Argie, but i'm delighted he did

Arsenal or anyone moaning about the way we played last night need to remember the top teams all do it at some point during a season. The year we should have won the league we absolutely battered Man United at home and they hit us with a sucker punch Cantona goal. 

Also, Arsenal didn't exactly cover themselves in glory when they were winning the league constantly. Chucking buffet food around and having players carded in the tunnel before the match against Man United. They are in no position to have a moan about us. We did exactly what we had to do to get a point, same as anyone else would have done.

Arsenal were the original shit house type team under Wenger, they can go and fuck themselves. If anything, if they are to win the league, they need to be more of a shit house team themselves as they’ve always been a bit brittle since they last won it, mentally, physically and under pressure. They were losing their heads towards the end, lead by Lego man head.

Edited by King HTT III

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I really think this whole thing is being ridiculously overstated.

We are not an anti football team by any stretch of the imagination.

What we did last night was no different to what Leeds did to us on Saturday, or what half the teams at the lower end of the table attempt to do every week. The big difference is we’ve got the quality to really stop teams in their tracks.

Guest reefatoon

The reason it’s done is to knock the opposition out of their rhythm, put them off where they lose concentration. It’s up to the opposition to ignore it and carry on with their game plan. But when you have an absolute muppet hoying his toys out the pram on the sidelines then that will filter down to the players. Nobody’s fault apart from their divvy manager. He should have kept his cool.

Edited by reefatoon

12 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

Arsenal were the original shit house type team under Wenger, they can go and fuck themselves. If anything, if they are to win the league, they need to be more of a shit house team themselves as they’ve always been a bit brittle since they last won it, mentally, physically and under pressure. They were losing their heads towards the end, lead by Lego man head.

It long predates Wenger - Wenger pulled them away from the ‘wan nil to the Arsenal’, back four calling for offside, ‘boring boring Arsenal’ of old.  Arsenal are the embodiment of success through shithousing.  Fucking hell, Nick Hornsby sold piles of a book which both bemoaned and revelled in Arsenal’s constant boring play and active shithousing which made them famous.

I really couldn’t give a weasel’s chuff about what other teams and fans think about us.

They were happy when we were intentionally hamstrung by Ashley and no threat. Well run club etc. They actively wanted us to stay small because they knew what a threat we could be.

Well fuck the lot of them. We’re back and we’re having none of it. 

Why do they call it shithousery, it's part of the game. No doubt Arsenal would have preferred it if we had been Mr nice guys and let them win 5-0 or something. It's about playing to your strengths and ours is our defence. Our attack isn't good enough to all out attack some of the top teams at the moment but that will come

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Why do they call it shithousery, it's part of the game. No doubt Arsenal would have preferred it if we had been Mr nice guys and let them win 5-0 or something. It's about playing to your strengths and ours is our defence. Our attack isn't good enough to all out attack some of the top teams at the moment but that will come

It used to be called gamesmanship and unsporting behaviour.

6 minutes ago, LV said:

I really couldn’t give a weasel’s chuff about what other teams and fans think about us.

They were happy when we were intentionally hamstrung by Ashley and no threat. Well run club etc. They actively wanted us to stay small because they knew what a threat we could be.

Well fuck the lot of them. We’re back and we’re having none of it. 

Yep