Our Shithousery

The Prophet

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You sort of lose interest in ‘the laws of the game’ when the linesman raises his flag early with Trippier onside, in the box, seconds away from swinging a dangerous ball in.

Yeah. I still don't understand the new handball rules after our penalty claim was ruled out. I think even in the old days that would have been given.

2 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

It was beyond obvious IMO, he was less than 1 metre from the touch line and could have very easily have had treatment off the pitch. As it was he killed the pressure had an energy thing and resumed play. 

One thing I noticed with us though is that there’s a marked relationship between our kit man putting fresh bottles pitch side and the game being stopped in someway. I do think part of our game plan is to create breaks (probably related to the intensity we play at). 

If only Hayden was good he'd have been perfect for this.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Shithousery is part of the game imo. What I can't abide is stuff like hounding the ref, begging for cards and outright/consistent diving. But getting in people's faces and attacking the rhythmn of the game with aggression and snide digs; fuck it, it's up to the opponent to overcome it.

We're awful to play against because of the quality of our football, anyway; the shithousery is just the seasoning.

The first 15 mins of the game must have been horrible for Chelsea to play against, the constant pressure we put teams under is brilliant to watch and a really credit to the work ethic of players and staff. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah. I still don't understand the new handball rules after our penalty claim was ruled out. I think even in the old days that would have been given.

Didn’t somebody quote the law yesterday about if your hand is on the ground as part of you going down then it’s not a hand ball or something?

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What I can't abide is stuff like hounding the ref, begging for cards

Which we don’t really do. It’s hugely noticeable Trippier always tries to take control of the situation around the ref and speak to him one on one.

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think we do anything too bad. We are just conscious of the need to disrupt the opposition and maintain an edge over them. 

Yesterday got silly towards the end but that was because the referee adopted a zero free kicks policy for some reason. 

Again with the “we did it because …..” - I personally don’t like it from any team and I think twice now (yesterday and Liverpool game) we did it too much.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just seen this, posted it on the matchday thread. 

Schar turning round and celebrating over Kovacic! 

In my defence, all of the ranting and raving I’ve done this morning - I missed that Chelsea player rolling around at the start of the clip then jump straight to his feet and start running again just to see him being the first one to appeal for free kick on BDB’s challenge.

I personally love that any opposition team has to deal with our relentless pressing, our hard tackling, our mad crowd, and a group of players who are ready to back every single one up in any coming together. Come up to our ground and prepare for a mental and physical battle against us. 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Bar a couple of late tackles (which were rightly punished and were as much as to do with the ref losing control) and Lascelles (who was rightly booked and time will have been added) I don’t think there was anything else out of the ordinary that any other team would have done yesterday. 

There’s only so much you can get away with and I’m sure there’ll be a game upcoming where it backfires.

The stuff at FT was fully instigated by Chelsea and if that happens I want our players to react the way they did in a controlled but forceful manner. Again, if the ref hadn’t have lost control it probably doesn’t happen.

Perfectly explained.How much time is wasted when keepers are looking to pass short from goal kicks then decide against it and kick long? The perfect way to waste time it seems,without being punished for it.The game is full of wasting time.Celebration’s after goals,substitutions ( if you’re winning) ,walking slow to take a corner ( if you’re winning) .

48 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I personally love that any opposition team has to deal with our relentless pressing, our hard tackling, our mad crowd, and a group of players who are ready to back every single one up in any coming together. Come up to our ground and prepare for a mental and physical battle against us. 

We have a team who feel hurt when they concede,never mind get beat,and that hasn’t been the case for many seasons.

You want to talk about what this team can achieve? What I saw last night was a team who believes they can win every match and don’t think any of this is a fluke. This is a title chasing mentality. Whether that can be sustained and form replicated post WC is another discussion. This team’s mentality is far harder than Keegan and Sir Bobby’s teams. That last ten minutes was unreal. 

I think we were last season, more than we have been this season. Was clear last season that we were trying to slow every game down as much as possible. Teams delaying to close games out is nothing new and I’m not sure we really go beyond the ambit of that. I don’t see us as a dirty side at all. 

Edited by Shays Given Tim Flowers

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

You want to talk about what this team can achieve? What I saw last night was a team who believes they can win every match and don’t think any of this is a fluke. This is a title chasing mentality. Whether that can be sustained and form replicated post WC is another discussion. This team’s mentality is far harder than Keegan and Sir Bobby’s teams. That last ten minutes was unreal. 

I might be wrong but it seems to be getting through to the crowd too. Loud and daft but also mentally resilient too. I was expecting howls when the seven minutes were announced- as were the commentators- but the crowd seemed as calm as the players. Could be wrong like.

9 hours ago, Displayname said:

I think its annoying as fuck. The refs are also clearly on to us so we dont really gain anything by it other than frustrating the opponent, which is something i guess. Still dont like it. I also havent noticed that "every top team does it". Dont think this game was our worst showing though

100% agree - read the last god knows how many pages and there’s so much denial. A lot of people saying they couldn’t care less that we do it and that’s fair enough as we all have different opinions but don’t start saying things like we aren’t doing it because that’s just silly.