Our Shithousery

The Prophet

10 hours ago, Cf said:

Not a fan of it if I'm honest. I don't mind it to a certain degree but I think we are overdoing it a bit. 

The bit with Lascelles blocking the throw in was just cringe and I think red card worthy. 

The team was set up to defend a freekick, unaware that a throw in had actually been given. Lascelles delayed the throw so they could all shift across to properly defend the throw. Could easily have been the moment they nicked a goal. Has to be applauded and absolutely worth a yellow.

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Just seen the full time footage courtesy of a Chelsea blog. Schar straight in Havertz’s face when the ref blew. Brilliant. [emoji38]

Link

(edited, ignore, seen 👏👏👏

Edited by Groundhog63

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You sort of lose interest in ‘the laws of the game’ when the linesman raises his flag early with Trippier onside, in the box, seconds away from swinging a dangerous ball in.

Was raging at that! 

24 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Great to see us being cunts rather than the plucky loveable losers.

Absolutely this.

Good on Lascelles, playing his part even if off the pitch. We are one. We are United. Do not fuck with us.

52 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

No idea where 7 minutes came from. The ref was expecting us to do everything at a 100 miles an hour after we scored. Willock got the hurry up leaving the pitch despite having jogged a bit already, Pope got booked very harshly imo.

think it was mainly when botman went down 3 times and eventually had to be subbed for the 7 mins.

The thing I love most is the reading of the match situation. When we were on top we were pressing really hard, putting them under pressure and causing all sorts of problems.

When they made the changes they were a lot more threatening and we recognised this, slowed it down and made it bitty as fuck. It was almost impossible for them to gain any momentum.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

I think its annoying as fuck. The refs are also clearly on to us so we dont really gain anything by it other than frustrating the opponent, which is something i guess. Still dont like it. I also havent noticed that "every top team does it". Dont think this game was our worst showing though

you can't be watching much football!

2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I don’t like diving , but basically fine with other forms. Loved Wilson winding up Tottenham fans the other week with his slow walk and clap, and liked seeing players standing up for each other yesterday.

FIFA could fix the slow walk off by changing the rules. Just hold the board up with the numbers, sub can't come on till you're off and get on with the game. No reason the game needs to be stopped once the numbers have been shown. Until they change it teams are going to milk it. 

Bar a couple of late tackles (which were rightly punished and were as much as to do with the ref losing control) and Lascelles (who was rightly booked and time will have been added) I don’t think there was anything else out of the ordinary that any other team would have done yesterday. 

There’s only so much you can get away with and I’m sure there’ll be a game upcoming where it backfires.

The stuff at FT was fully instigated by Chelsea and if that happens I want our players to react the way they did in a controlled but forceful manner. Again, if the ref hadn’t have lost control it probably doesn’t happen.

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Bar a couple of late tackles (which were rightly punished and were as much as to do with the ref losing control) and Lascelles (who was rightly booked and time will have been added) I don’t think there was anything else out of the ordinary that any other team would have done yesterday. 

There’s only so much you can get away with and I’m sure there’ll be a game upcoming where it backfires.

The stuff at FT was fully instigated by Chelsea and if that happens I want our players to react the way they did in a controlled but forceful manner. Again, if the ref hadn’t have lost control it probably doesn’t happen.

What, from March do you mean? :lol: 

Burn and Schar were immediately in Havertz' face at the whistle (gloriously).

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What, from March do you mean? :lol: 

Burn and Schar were immediately in Havertz' face at the whistle (gloriously).

Nah, it was the Chelsea coaching staff who were all over the pitch. There players who were having to be pulled away and held back. Havertz through the first shove, Cucurella the second. Bit of words is nowt.

50 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I don’t like diving , but basically fine with other forms. Loved Wilson winding up Tottenham fans the other week with his slow walk and clap, and liked seeing players standing up for each other yesterday.

100% agreed - will never agree with diving just because it’s us doing it, hate it when Everton do it, hate it when Man City do it and hate it when we do it.

Edited by Gawalls

Said this back in October.

On 16/10/2022 at 19:01, HaydnNUFC said:

His time out of the game and visit to watch Simeone work has surely had an enormous impact on him as a manager now thus also us. We've got a little Atleti-esque shithousery about us now with hitting the deck/wasting time as well as the defensive solidity. 

And Carragher said this post match

There was a moment in the early period of the second half where Koulibaly, Silva and someone else basically had a chat in the goal mouth and then decided that Koulibaly would drop to his arse and get treatment killing the pressure we’d created by our press. 
At that point, for me, it’s anything goes. 

Chelsea aren’t alone in that either mind, most teams apply similar tactics to slow down our press…then start crying when they are behind and we do the same. 

15 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

There was a moment in the early period of the second half where Koulibaly, Silva and someone else basically had a chat in the goal mouth and then decided that Koulibaly would drop to his arse and get treatment killing the pressure we’d created by our press. 
At that point, for me, it’s anything goes. 

Chelsea aren’t alone in that either mind, most teams apply similar tactics to slow down our press…then start crying when they are behind and we do the same. 

That’s grasping that mind - you can’t possibly know what they were talking about or that they “decided that koulibaly would drop to his arse”. Even if they did - pointing at one time to justify the amount we did it is grasping.

We did it, we got away with it by winning but time was added and people were booked so it is what it is as we haven’t got the squad to ring changes to see the game out like other teams have.  

i hope when our squad gets better and deeper then we see an end to this personally but to say “our opponents brought it on themselves” is weak in my opinion.

Edited by Gawalls

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That’s grasping that mind - you can’t possibly know what they were talking about or that they “decided that koulibaly would drop to his arse”. Even if they did - pointing at one time to justify the amount we did it is grasping.

We did it, we got away with it by winning but time was added and people were booked so it is what it is as we haven’t got the squad to ring changes to see the game out like other teams have.  

i hope when our squad gets better and deeper then we see an end to this personally but to say “our opponents brought it on themselves” is weak in my opinion.

It was beyond obvious IMO, he was less than 1 metre from the touch line and could have very easily have had treatment off the pitch. As it was he killed the pressure had an energy thing and resumed play. 

One thing I noticed with us though is that there’s a marked relationship between our kit man putting fresh bottles pitch side and the game being stopped in someway. I do think part of our game plan is to create breaks (probably related to the intensity we play at). 

Shithousery is part of the game imo. What I can't abide is stuff like hounding the ref, begging for cards and outright/consistent diving. But getting in people's faces and attacking the rhythmn of the game with aggression and snide digs; fuck it, it's up to the opponent to overcome it.

We're awful to play against because of the quality of our football, anyway; the shithousery is just the seasoning.