The Round of 16

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

Aluko is as thick as mince. She was on Talksport this morning and named Jimmy Greaves in her 5 top England strikers in tournaments because he got a hattrick in a final, and just before on ITV she was talking about Richarlison and said "he's got 19 goals in 40 games for them, you do the maths and it's a goal a game pretty much"  [emoji38]

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Brazil have obviously deserved to win, but on another day or with a worse 'keeper it could have been a classic.

Game friday, tempo was dead in the second half on purpose. Brazil never got out of first gear. That first goal opened the game so much that Brazil could easily just sit back and try to counter. Should’ve been 5,6-0 in the first half if it wasn’t for lazy finishes. 

Raphinha deserved a goal tonight like. 

11 minutes ago, Flip said:

Game friday, tempo was dead in the second half on purpose. Brazil never got out of first gear. That first goal opened the game so much that Brazil could easily just sit back and try to counter. Should’ve been 5,6-0 in the first half if it wasn’t for lazy finishes. 

Raphinha deserved a goal tonight like. 

deserved to be back handed for how many chnces he missed 

I am happy with this World Cup. We showed that we deserve to be there and weren't just making up the numbers. This is the first time I've ever seen us go the entire tournament trying to play good possession football without putting ten-men behind the ball at any point. Despite having most of our key players crocked in one way or another, we showed that we could be the physical and technical equal of European teams. Honestly deserved better results than we got with the way we played in the group stage. Who knows, in a couple of years, maybe we'll even have competent fullbacks.

Brazil was just better, and they came out roaring like they were the underdogs and had something to prove. Can't complain about losing to that. 

Now that the stressful part of it is over, I can go back to enjoying some high-stakes football without any skin in the game. 

Edited by oldtype

5 hours ago, Flip said:

No idea who you are. But please don’t ever compare me to @Froggy. Extremely disrespectful.

It was a reference to how you both back your own players (in your case Brazil and in Froggy’s case Man U) and decisions for and against your teams to an excessive degree at times. I also have no idea who you are

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

It was a reference to how you both back your own players (in your case Brazil and in Froggy’s case Man U) and decisions for and against your teams to an excessive degree at times. I also have no idea who you are

Everybody does this.

I'm happy to be compared to Flip. He's a charming young man.