The Round of 16

7 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

God these excessive goal celebrations are rank. 

Why the fuck is it a yellow for taking off your top but not for doing a coordinated dance that’s absolutely shit. Made worse by the lads thinking it’s mint 

Unless you're actively supporting the dominant side then, while you can obviously appreciate the skill and quality, these type of matches do nowt for me, and would much rather see a close, competitive match.

I did want Brazil to win because I would like to a potential Argentina SF, and SK going through would just open up (the other side of) the draw, but I was hoping for a bit more of a contest. That late winner vs Portugal was a dramatic moment for the event, but while the outcome would likely have been the same, I'd imagine Uruguay would have offered far more resistance.

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

You're playing for the greatest footballing nation on Earth and up 4-0 against South Korea. Why do you feel the need to go down like you're shot every time someone touches you.

Got to keep in practice I suppose.

Really wish Brazil players would stop acting like someone sucker punched them with a 100kg concrete block to the mouth every time the shirt fabric of a South Korean player gently grazes the tip of their facial hair.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I don't know why Korea have looked so poor. Thought they would have been better organised but they've been all over the shop. 

Once you concede two silly early goals like that, not surprising that everyone's minds just go blank.