The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

14 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

He was lucky as fuck there mind, nothing to do with the better tactician.

Their high press was really good, they kept at it and got what they came for, they looked more organised. I just feel Southgate doesn't get it right enough, he surprises me, rather than me be naturally confident in how he uses these top players.

Just now, tomlynnherrington said:

Mbappe linked up well with team mates,which Walker couldn’t stop.His game isn’t just about scoring goals.Your views on Trippy being on the bench when England were awarded that last minute free kick? 

Rashford scored a Free-Kick a couple games back, and we have other players who can take them.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Kane not likeable? What in the actual fuck?

This forum needs to start enjoying footballers and not their personalities ffs. It’s not Big Brother.

Didn't you watch Tottenham v Newcastle this season?

Cunt was whining on all game.

14 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Risk free :lol: We battered them, got sucker punched and missed a penalty. More shots, more possession, more corners, we completely dominated the game from 20 mins onwards.

Southgate out! Clowns.

“We battered them”. Except when we arrived at the end of the game and we fucking lost ?. At 1-1 we completely let them back in. First half we sat off them and let them take the lead. In every game we’ve come up against the big teams we’ve waited until they made the moves. Defend Southgate all you like and I have done so loads in the past but we’ve shat it, again.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Are you aware of Sterling's record for England? Granted I wouldn't have taken Saka off - bad decision - but I'd have brought Sterling on.

and thats exactly the problem with southgate's thinking.

its never about form and what we need at the time. its all abut his favourites.

sterling has offered little for the past 12 months.

Edited by huss9

Howe wouldn’t take the job, nor would any other top manager in their prime. Being a part time international manager just isn’t that appealing to them. On top of that England don’t have a lot to pick from domestically. I’d probably offer it to Mourinho if I was hiring, but would he leave Roma for it?

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Their high press was really good, they kept at it and got what they came for, they looked more organised. I just feel Southgate doesn't get it right enough, he surprises me, rather than me be naturally confident in how he uses these top players.

Agreed - the only time France really looked flustered was the first 15 mins of the second half

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Some of the press (Holt and co) will push like mad for Eddie Howe to fuck us over.

i don’t want him to go, and i don’t think it’s the right time in his career to take the job, but I reckon Howe would win a tournament with that set of players we have at the minute 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Wouldn't read too much into the late subs tbh. Game was finished as soon as that penalty got skied. 

There was 15 minutes left! :lol: Howe wouldn’t think ’Ahh shame, that’s that then.’

12 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I just feel in a world cup of 5 subs we massively underused our squad.

Rather then hold back and save energy we could have put teams to the sword for a full 90 mins.

Maddison, grealish, Rashford Gallagher, Wilson and more all there in our tool box

Maddy makes things happen.Wilson would have unsettled their defence.You would think Goofy was under pressure to put certain players in the squad.

Just now, huss9 said:

and thats exactly the problem with southgate's thinking.

its never about form and what we need at the time. its all abut his favourites.

sterling has offered little for the past 12 months.

Thats the exact reason Pickford and Maguire started this tournament though? Both woefully out of form for their clubs but “have never let England down” etc etc. Why does Sterling not get the same treatment?

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

His house was burgled and he went to sort stiff out. About as clear an explanation as you could expect 

Aside from the fact a grown man and multimillionaire didn’t have the foresight to hire security for a few grand when every criminal in Britain knew he was 2 continents away, what the fuck did he go home for? To rebuild his barber shop or check his Rolexes were still there or what? 

Likely his last WC and the manager has shown more faith in him than anyone in his career. It’s baffling.

Edited by Ronaldo

Just now, Tsunami said:

Really? I can’t see that. I try to take a balanced view but I think England edged it and possibly a bit more than edged it.

Beren is high or drunk. England were the slightly better side, and fully deserved to at least take it to extratime. But this is football.