The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Part of the reason I've been so confident is that we could afford a slip up or two. Obviously are margin of error has now been reduced, but we've got our most difficult remaining fixture out the way. Max points:

Newcastle 77

Man United 75

Brighton 73

Liverpool 71

Spurs 66

A quick look at the fixtures and Brighton are going to Struggle with Arsenal, City, ourselves and Villa still left to play, three of those away from home.

Man United, ourselves and Liverpool all have relatively kind fixtures and should be aiming for max points from here on in. 

With a points cushion, healthy goal difference and kind fixtures still ahead, we're still favourites. We just need to keep our heads after a poor result.

We'll be fine, we haven't lost form, we've not played badly, we've lost 1 game against the second best team in the league while they're still fighting to be the best. Liverpool seem to have found some form at the right time but they aren't infallible and Man Utd have reverted to that team they were before Rashfords 6 week hot streak. The power is still in our hands and we've still got 4 very winnable games to play.

On 04/05/2023 at 22:25, Wolfcastle said:

Man United aren't hot. Took VAR for Liverpool to get a result and West Ham's been a graveyard to Man U ambitions at this point of the season in years past.

The Prophet: Ah man, I hate it when events that I've selected from around 30 years ago repeat themselves with a different owner, manager and team. It's the worst.

We’ll get top 4, had chances against our hardest opponents in the run in even though they were the better team. Hitting the post twice and forced saves from Ramsdale (Schar header) and last ditch blocks (Willock chance). Frustrating game as we made individual mistakes plus one of the players of the season was really off his game today but he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Leeds were hopeless the other day against City and just shit finishing from Haaland (hard to believe) and an Akanji mistake made the scoreline look respectable. Leicester were shit against Everton the other night. We should beat those.

Edited by SAK

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

We'll be fine, we haven't lost form, we've not played badly, we've lost 1 game against the second best team in the league while they're still fighting to be the best. Liverpool seem to have found some form at the right time but they aren't infallible and Man Utd have reverted to that team they were before Rashfords 6 week hot streak. The power is still in our hands and we've still got 4 very winnable games to play.

This. Just have to remember no one can guarantee results against the top sides in this division. Arsenal were better IMO, but we could have quite easily won it as well. We just need two wins out of four, and I think we'll get at least two, more likely three.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

This. Just have to remember no one can guarantee results against the top sides in this division. Arsenal were better IMO, but we could have quite easily won it as well. We just need two wins out of four, and I think we'll get at least two, more likely three.

Brighton is the only game I'm not confident of us winning, I think we finish the season strong.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Brighton is the only game I'm not confident of us winning, I think we finish the season strong.

Brighton and Chelsea are a toss up for me, but I reckon we win one of those. I fancy us to beat both Leeds and Leicester.

9 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

If we had got well beat I'd be worried - but we weren't.  If Ref had done the right thing and given that Pen it would have been a different result.  That said we had our chances, just ball didn't fall for us today.  

9 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

The Prophet: Ah man, I hate it when events that I've selected from around 30 years ago repeat themselves with a different owner, manager and team. It's the worst.

The most definitive proof that we'll finish 5th that I've seen.

17 minutes ago, Ace said:

Will all of the smug fuckers just shut up please. You think you would learn nothing is settled till

it’s settled.

We choked away a key run early in the season and we can definitely do it again so for the love of god stop. 

No need for this like - everyone is entitled to post their opinion whether you agree with it or not, that's kind of the point of a forum. 

Personally I think we'll do it with the games we've got left - there's every chance luck completely goes against us (a bit like today with all of those near chances) but that's out of our hands. If we play like we have all season against Leeds, Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea there are enough points there for us. 

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

We only need 6 points really, Man U need 9 if Liverpool win all their games. I’m not too worried 

Both would swap position with us!  3rd in the league, 4 to play. Who’d have thunk it! :indi:

35 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Only winner this weekend has been the Scousers :(

Nah, we're one game closer to Man United not being able to get past us. Not ideal, but Liverpool can have 3rd if we get 4th.

Edited by 80

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Nah, we're one game closer to Man United not being able to get past us. Not ideal, but Liverpool can have 3rd if we get 4th.

Got to agree. I couldn’t give a monkeys pink arse who gets the other CL spot as long as it doesn’t mean us losing out.

Man u made today very manageable. Like I said to my lad at full time. How many times have I lost my voice this season through goals and silky runs? So only our second live loss at St. James’s this season. I can live with that after the shit show I have put up with for years.

2 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Got to agree. I couldn’t give a monkeys pink arse who gets the other CL spot as long as it doesn’t mean us losing out.

Man u made today very manageable. Like I said to my lad at full time. How many times have I lost my voice this season through goals and silky runs? So only our second live loss at St. James’s this season. I can live with that after the shit show I have put up with for years.

A team that tries, a team that cares. A team that knows what it means to wear the shirt! United :indi:

I’m actually feeling a bit more confident after that game for some reason. Just got to remember 2 draws against Arsenal and Leeds isn’t as good as a loss and a win. 

Got to keep playing positive rather than safe.

34 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

How many sitters did Andy Cole miss for Man U today? 

The Arsenal game always felt like a free hit to me.  Disappointing to lose, but it’s hardly a shock result.

If we play like that vs Leeds next week we’ll win comfortably.  Wins vs Leeds and Leicester will likely be enough.  

48 minutes ago, Ace said:

Will all of the smug fuckers just shut up please. You think you would learn nothing is settled till

it’s settled.

We choked away a key run early in the season and we can definitely do it again so for the love of god stop. 

We'll be in the Champions League next season. Seems like you've been drinking, even more important to remember the nappies fwiw.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What did we choke earlier in the season again? 

Assume he's talking about the games around the cup final - but even then we kept picking up points and weren't getting beaten every game.

41 minutes ago, duo said:

If we had got well beat I'd be worried - but we weren't.  If Ref had done the right thing and given that Pen it would have been a different result.  That said we had our chances, just ball didn't fall for us today.  

He did the right thing.  Was not a pen.