The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yeah they are so rattled by us. It’s delicious. I hope we reap vengeance at our place!  Here’s 1 more very balanced view. Refreshing to read. :indi:

IMG_2485.thumb.jpeg.ca45a204baf04780b42a9100f2b79070.jpeg

Class that and agree with it. Particularly agree re the Champions League games too. Think we’ll make it through the groups at least. 

16 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Some greatly balanced posts there.

RAWK on the other hand. Bitter, bitter bastards on there. In the thread one of them accuses Emi Martinez of being paid to let Man City win the title on the last day of the 2022 season.

Seen someone describe Liverpool FC as a cult recently and can’t see past it. 

may view hasn’t changed since living their, Liverpool is the biggest little village in the world.

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Class that and agree with it. Particularly agree re the Champions League games too. Think we’ll make it through the groups at least. 

This obviously depends on who we draw in the group and the Ro16 (ie we could get a group of Bayern, Real Madrid & Milan which wouldn't be ideal :lol: ) but can see us getting to the quarter finals. We're the team no one will want in pot 4 and I can honestly see us winning all of our home games.

Posted a few times now I think, but in terms of playstyle and trajectory there's similarities between us and the first few years of Liverpool under Klopp. First time they got to the CL under him they reached the final first season, a huge part of that is how they play the game which is inherently similar to us and Anfield on CL nights. SJP should be even better.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If we do that, I suspect we'll all temporarily lose our minds.  This thread will become 'The Toponeometer' for starters.

I might lose it permanently.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This obviously depends on who we draw in the group and the Ro16 (ie we could get a group of Bayern, Real Madrid & Milan which wouldn't be ideal :lol: ) but can see us getting to the quarter finals. We're the team no one will want in pot 4 and I can honestly see us winning all of our home games.

Posted a few times now I think, but in terms of playstyle and trajectory there's similarities between us and the first few years of Liverpool under Klopp. First time they got to the CL under him they reached the final first season, a huge part of that is how they play the game which is inherently similar to us and Anfield on CL nights. SJP should be even better.

My thoughts exactly re our approach. Some teams will struggle big time to live with our intensity. 

Hope to fuck I can get a ticket for the CL games. 

Just now, Danh1 said:

My thoughts exactly re our approach. Some teams will struggle big time to live with our intensity. 

Hope to fuck I can get a ticket for the CL games. 

Already shitting me kegs regarding that. :lol:

Been saying this for a while, you have to be a team that can play thru or around our press to get joy out of us and then you have to finish the 1-2 chances you get. Our athleticism is probably unmatched in the premier league - particularly up front, wide and our 8s. (It’s why I’m never going to be Ok with Bruno as an 8 because he simply cannot cover the ground Tonali, Longstaff, Joelinton and Willock can). As we evolve over the next few windows I get the sense we will have athleticism at our very core thinking for our RCB and LB. Livramento solves the RB position for the future. Schar and Botman generally win the 1 v 1 duel when we’re pushed up due to their excellent anticipation, strength and tackling. 

Edited by Kanji

19 hours ago, Displayname said:

Dubravka

Tino -  Lascelles -  Burn - Targett/New LB

Anderson - Longstaff - Willock

Murphy                                   Gordon

Wilson

Seems like a pretty good B team if you ask me. Should have more than a good enough squad to compete in both CL and PL. 

An all English XI if Pope or Gillespie starts

On 12/08/2023 at 13:26, Froggy said:

Aye. Your manager is soft. Ten Hag isn't. Lascelles being kept as captain is a complete cop out in my opinion and doesn't deserve any praise. Your captain needs to be on the pitch. 

Why on earth would you have somebody who is 5th choice as your captain? Ten Hag never said anything negative about him. Never said he didn't want him. Praised his character and his ability. All he did was give the captaincy to Fernandes.

I wouldn’t confuse nice with soft. The best leaders treat everyone with equal kindness and concern. High standards and high support. The best leaders get the best out of their teams.

The gap between the ‘quality on paper’ of our squad and the quality of the squads in clubs like yours is shrinking. We’ve already overtaken most in terms of team spirit; despite being somewhat second tier in terms of salaries.  It would be foolish to think that team spirit/togetherness doesn’t really matter. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

It would be foolish to think that team spirit/togetherness doesn’t really matter. 

I absoutely do not think this. Ours is as good as it has been since Ole first took over, but we have a competent tactician in charge now as well. It's extremely important. 

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Newcastle documentary to see what Howe is like. As I've said before I've always been a big fan of him.

Just now, Froggy said:

I absoutely do not think this. Ours is as good as it has been since Ole first took over, but we have a competent tactician in charge now as well. It's extremely important. 

I'm actually looking forward to watching the Newcastle documentary to see what Howe is like. As I've said before I've always been a big fan of him.

Think you’ll see he is far from ‘soft’. Human and unassuming, yes. But he ‘doesn’t suffer fools gladly’ and has a steely determination to succeed, I think driven by (to his mind) experience of failure, which means he will make hard decisions as well as anyone. 

Annoying Man u have such an easy home game to start the season. Wolves look like they could be awful so could easily see Man u winning like 5:0 and topping the table by the end of the night. 

But I still have a sneaky feeling they might underachieve this year if their new signings don't settle quickly.

15 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Some greatly balanced posts there.

RAWK on the other hand. Bitter, bitter bastards on there. In the thread one of them accuses Emi Martinez of being paid to let Man City win the title on the last day of the 2022 season.

Seen someone describe Liverpool FC as a cult recently and can’t see past it. 

I see Klopp's been having another sly dig at us over the new dugout rules. I've never been a big fan of the club in general, but their attitude has sunk to new depths under that jaw grinding cunt. Shame because the Liverpool poster on here is sound.

Klopp has seriously lost the plot over the last year or so. Seems to explode (see drop to floor in a kiddie's tantrum against chelsea) every game now and can't seem to resist sly digs at every other team.

Serious dislike for the bloke now, quite liked him when he first arrived...

32 minutes ago, TRon said:

I see Klopp's been having another sly dig at us over the new dugout rules. I've never been a big fan of the club in general, but their attitude has sunk to new depths under that jaw grinding cunt. Shame because the Liverpool poster on here is sound.

[emoji38]

3 hours ago, buzza said:

Klopp has seriously lost the plot over the last year or so. Seems to explode (see drop to floor in a kiddie's tantrum against chelsea) every game now and can't seem to resist sly digs at every other team.

Serious dislike for the bloke now, quite liked him when he first arrived...

Some liverfool fans starting to lose it on talksport last night wanting a change of manager. They have 3 tough games coming up. Klopp could either explode under the pressure or be chased down the road like the blue scousers did to Gordon. 

5 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Some liverfool fans starting to lose it on talksport last night wanting a change of manager. They have 3 tough games coming up. Klopp could either explode under the pressure or be chased down the road like the scouse Makems did to Gordon. 

Tidied

With Hall at the training ground and seemingly done, I'm very confident now of us qualifying for CL. My main concern, that Tonali might struggle physically, has already evaporated. Opta's supercomputer has us falling back to 62 points, but I reckon will push on and beat Keegan's total of 78.

If mid 80s points is enough to win the league, as happened for Leicester, we could be in with a decent shout. I'm sure we'll get 12 to 15 more goals, and the issue then shifts to whether the defence can maintain its 22/23 level. The injuries and transfer windows other teams are having should only give us confidence, and not scale back our hopes.

On 13/08/2023 at 23:46, PauloGeordio said:

Yeah they are so rattled by us. It’s delicious. I hope we reap vengeance at our place!  Here’s 1 more very balanced view. Refreshing to read. :indi:

Likewise with the Villa fans as we all know. Even prior to the takeover. There seems to be a correlation between stupid accents and angry bitterness. Pity, would rather have the Villa fans on board in our efforts to smash the big six, superleague breakaway cartel.

Edited by Turnbull2000