The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We had an 18% chance of top four compared to 14% for Gerrard led Villa? :lol:

:lol: Was so focused on our 5% to their 14% I hadn't even clocked that.

We are finishing top four and you all know it deep down.

This is just our shield after years of having the rug pulled. You know EH is delivering the results, there is nothing to suggest otherwise than an absolutely insane collapse unlike anything we have seen.

**Flashbacks of 95/96 and fortunate son start playing**

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

With our remaining fixtures, we should comfortably be getting 75 points really.  

Ah, but we've never had the luxury of doing things comfortably. We need to continue giving our max, and Eddie realises that.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

If Liverpool win all their games and we only win 2, there’s every chance they catch our goal difference.

Its over 400/1 (roughly worked out it's probably higher) that we would win 2 games and Liverpool would still be able to beat our goal difference. Get onto SkyBet for a request a bet.

Edited by KDT

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh we have.

Under SBR both top 4 finishes were wrapped up before the last day iirc.

That's not how we roll in here...

Our fixtures are really hard.

Liverpool's fixtures are really easy. 

We will struggle to get 7 points.

Liverpool will coast to 12 points.

Winning 8 of our last 9 means nothing.

Liverpool are in brilliant form. 

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh we have.

Under SBR both top 4 finishes were wrapped up before the last day iirc.

I meant never this season.

To clarify, I don't think we're in the top four because we have one of the four best squads. I think we have a mid-table squad that is consistently performing at or near its max week on week. We've got to keep our foot on the accelerator to stay there. 

But we have a truly great manager, and I think we will. 

Edited by Cronky

22 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Wonder what team Lampard will play on the last day of the season against us. 

Genuinely think it'll be a harder game if he plays the kids [emoji38]

He’ll get his boots on and show them how super Frankie Lampard did it

45 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

FvQ8utCWIAI3EG9.png

FiveThirtyEight doing itself proud again. :lol:

I think even the most pessimistic wouldn't have predicted 47 points for us. And only a 4% difference in chance between Man United and Villa making top 4 and them with a 1% chance above Brighton. All ridiculous even without hindsight. 

15 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I meant never this season.

To clarify, I don't think we're in the top four because we have one of the four best squads. I think we have a mid-table squad that is consistently performing at or near its max week on week. We've got to keep our foot on the accelerator to stay there. 

But we have a truly great manager, and I think we will. 

I think we are currently a top 4 team. We have genuine class in key areas in the pitch and a team that is playing to each individuals strengths. All we have to do is maintain our level and it will be comfortable.

Before the final game of the season we face 2 bad teams that have been awful all season long - 1 at home, 1 away. We face 2 really good teams but we are at home.

And then a team in freefall at the end of the season.

IMO that's 6-9 points at worst.

At best  10-13 points.

Worst case scenario we have as many points as Liverpool's best case scenario.

We're nice.

IMO we get points on Sunday anyway.

2 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

The fact that they predicted us to be on 47 points, 2 worse off than last season is enough of a reason to know that these predictors don't know shit.

I didn't think the form of last seasons 19 games was replicable.

Then I didn't think we could sustain our first half of the seasons form that was largely dependent on Almiron.

Now we have Isak, Wilson firing, Joelinton scoring, options from the bench. We have goals.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Liverpool fixtures aren't easy. They still have to play Brentford (not easy, better than Fulham, who Liverpool struggled against) and Villa (who beat us comfortably). Leicester may go into their game with Liverpool NEEDING a win so that's no easy game. Southampton away on the last day is the only game you could describe as easy and they will probably already be relegated by then anyway. 

Edited by Mazzy

59 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We will get a MINIMUM of 7 points.

For anyone that is "worried", just ask yourself a simple question, would you swap positions with Liverpool or Brighton? I suspect everyone would answer no without hesitation, which tells you what a lovely position we are in

I can’t believe how much anxiety is going on in here man. Just get 7 points. That’s it. Fuck whatever Liverpool do. Which position would you rather be in? Honestly just wish people could just enjoy this. How long have we been bollocks for? Whatever happens, the future is bright.

It's no good calling out people for being anxious, howay. We're in a position that none of us dreamed of so soon and I suspect there's a case of imposter syndrome for many.

I think there'll be a good few putting a brave face on, some more who are just delighted to enjoy the ride and see what happens, some who are completely relaxed and know (quite rightly) that it's a near formality given our form for 18 months and then those who are genuinely worried because of the lingering scars of the past.

Everyone is just so desperate to get it - we're so close and I don't think anybody thinks we aren't in a fantastic position, they just want it done with no drama. It doesn't help when you see Liverpool get away with 2 blatant handballs (Leeds/West Ham), red card (Spurs) and a dodgy as fuck pen last night. Some people just get more worried and that's absolutely fine. Some people are relaxed about it and it's admirable - I wish it was me. I'm sure it will change for us in time, but a look at Blue Moon shows even now, after years of success & domination, there's still some Man City fans who think the worst. It's human nature for a lot of people.

I was convinced it was done if we got 7 points from Spurs, Everton & Southampton. We got 9 and I'm still checking the odds/table almost hourly :lol: I wish I wasn't but here we are.

All season long I've basically dismissed the Champions League because I did just think we'd tail off - especially after that run in Jan/Feb. I started to really believe after Man Utd game, to the point where I agree now what others have said; finishing 5th would be absolutely devastating. In August if you offered anyone of us 5th and a Cup Final 99.999999% of us would have given anything for it. But now it would be devastating given the position we find ourselves in.

But like I said yesterday, if you put it logically (before Liverpool's game), if we were 9 points behind with 15 to play for would you fancy us? Especially chasing a team who's won 8 out of 9 and looking like scoring every time they have the ball? Absolutely not. But football is a weird game at times, especially in May. We could easily do Arsenal by 2 or 3 and then go lose to Leeds.

I'm absolutely bricking it but at the same time, I 100% believe Howe and the players are targeting 3rd internally. It's the nature of the beast that he's created here and there's absolutely no reason why we can't win all of our games, and definitely no reason we why shouldn't finish 3rd. Realistically we need to lose 3 games in our next 5 to not get in. Even the pessimist in me thinks that is hugely unlikely given we've only lost 4 all season. Hell, even 5 draws might even do it.

Point on Sunday, beat Jabba next week and then we're partying at St James' against Brighton - at the very worst at home to a shambolic Leicester the following Monday. Then play Miley, Dummett, Ritchie managed by Jack Ross at Chelsea for all I care. Stick Shola in nets.

FWIW I think we'll do Arsenal on Sunday. They need to win, we don't. We'll beat them. Then even the most pessimist worrying bitches (me) will relax as there's no way we're losing 3 out of 4.

Newcastle United are going to be playing Champions League football in 2023, when on the 15th January last year it looked like they'd be playing Championship football in 2022. 

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so no, there is no fix. 

What tends to happen towards the end of the season is that the quirky results and patches of form that take place during the season get evened out, and the bigger clubs tend to rise to the top. They also have the larger squads with strength in depth, and can deal better with fatigue and injuries. Hence Man City are now out in front, and five of the top six are now from the 'big six'.

Liverpool have a fairly easy run in, but if we maintain some form we should be all right. Two wins should do it.

Glad you know it all ?‍♂️

You definitely read the sky propaganda ?‍♂️

How can you watch the last 3 Livarpool games and say it’s because they are one of the best teams?They have 9pts when they should have 3 (at most) because of reffing/VAR

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

Glad you know it all ?‍♂️

You definitely read the sky propaganda ?‍♂️

How can you watch the last 3 Livarpool games and say it’s because they are one of the best teams?They have 9pts when they should have 3 (at most) because of reffing/VAR

Cmon Liverpool are clearly one of the best teams in the league. They nearly won the quad last season and although this season they’ve not been their usual selves of the last 3-4yrs due to bedding in a new forward line they still find themselves 5th. Breathing down our necks alongside Brighton. With their squad getting stronger as their long term injuries return for last month of the season.

If they are as poor as you suggest it doesn’t say much for us to lose twice to them.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Cmon Liverpool are clearly one of the best teams in the league. They nearly won the quad last season and although this season they’ve not been their usual selves of the last 3-4yrs due to bedding in a new forward line they still find themselves 5th. Breathing down our necks alongside Brighton. With their squad getting stronger as their long term injuries return for last month of the season.

If they are as poor as you suggest it doesn’t say much for us to lose twice to them.

Good teams can lose to poor teams though? Everton beat Arsenal this season. Arsenal although failed to beat Southampton this season.