The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Liverpool's GD is only in the same post code as ours because of the 7 they put past that disgraceful Man Utd side, most of their recent wins have been by a single goal.

+16 off Man United and Bournemouth alone.

Please have some sympathy for serial worriers like myself, who still worry about the 0.5% chance we won’t make it lol.

It’s something the Mike Ashely era has scarred a lot of us with. Disaster was always around the corner, good things were never going to happen in his era. Right now; I am stressing over us barely having a midfield for Monday. 

Some of us healed from the Ashely era the day the takeover went through, but me myself still haven’t fully healed from the trauma of the Mike Ashley era. Seeing us the UCL might be the right antidote, though. 

7 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

Please have some sympathy for serial worriers like myself, who still worry about the 0.5% chance we won’t make it lol.

It’s something the Mike Ashely era has scarred a lot of us with. Disaster was always around the corner, good things were never going to happen in his era. Right now; I am stressing over us barely having a midfield for Monday. 

Some of us healed from the Ashely era the day the takeover went through, but me myself still haven’t fully healed from the trauma of the Mike Ashley era. Seeing us the UCL might be the right antidote, though. 

I think most of us haven’t recovered from that era but for at least this season we’ve made it - even if the worst all happens we’ve still finished 5th and that’s amazing, not to worry as that’s not gonna happen as all season what we’ve done is bounce back and I think we’ve never just won one game then go on another bad streak.

We’ve got it back and Wilson is on fire at the moment, he’s gonna need no encouragement to score the goal against a home crowd.

To quote the crappy American chants their “soccer fans” sing - “I believe that we will win”

28 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

I hear you.

I've been a Newcastle United fan since the late 70s when I was a teenager.

The ashley years should have been the years as an older Newcastle United fan I seen a bit hope and ambition, but I didn't .

His ownership sucked the life out of the club I loved....and to my shame, I gave up. I stopped going and more importantly I stopped caring.

But ,no need to worry or stress. 

Newcastle United are back, we have hope and ambition .

We are going to get in the Champions League, Eddie will make sure of that.

3 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I hear you.

I've been a Newcastle United fan since the late 70s when I was a teenager.

The ashley years should have been the years as an older Newcastle United fan I seen a bit hope and ambition, but I didn't .

His ownership sucked the life out of the club I loved....and to my shame, I gave up. I stopped going and more importantly I stopped caring.

But ,no need to worry or stress. 

Newcastle United are back, we have hope and ambition .

We are going to get in the Champions League, Eddie will make sure of that.

It made me ill at the thought that I could support nufc for my entire life and not see them win anything, and when Ashley finally settled in, even attempt or pretend to care about competing.

I pray we win something, I'll dine on it till my last breaths.

1 hour ago, BlackandWhite said:

Even the takeover itself, about to have new owners and the PL came along and said "no you can't". Then when there was a bit of light PIF decided to pull out completely. Devastating and like you say, totally in line with the Ashley days. 

Anything can happen in a 90 minute game of football, but this is our cup final and it's quite fitting that after the entire season it comes down to our last home game, Howe and the players deserve that and they'll do everything possible to make it happen. 

I remember at the start of the season seeing us in the top 4 and I couldn't stop looking at the league table as I felt that it was only a matter of time before we moved down to a more normal position of 8th-12th. We're still fucking here! Honestly one of the most impressive feats in PL management in my opinion, relegation fodder to top 4 in just over a season and a half. Remarkable. 

Edited by Scotty66

what a season it’s been. we had a few draws early in and Isak was injured so had some doubts.. but when we started smashing 4 and 5 goals in that October/November period I began to feel something special was developing. Brilliant. 

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354280.0

Years ago I'd have been well against the idea of the ESL, but the Premier League is a complete joke.

IF the PGMOL isn't utterly corrupt then they are absolutely the worst officials I've seen in any league and at any level. When you watch lower league or even non league games, the referees show competence and an understanding of the game and you can see the decisions they make all make sense in the context of the game.

PGMOL officials are fucking rank at best, cheating fucking gobshites would probably be a fair assessment.

Doesn't matter who is playing, but the officials decide most games with their joke refereeing, bias, shady VAR decisions and absolute fucking incompetence/outright cheating.

I'd personally be delighted if we fucked off this shithouse league and formed a leage where football is king and not these dickheads.

When you add the outright, sanctioned cheating of City and their free pass with the media then this decision becomes a no-brainer.

Fuck it off. Cheating c*nts.

The absolute lack of self awareness in this is unfathomable :lol:

1 minute ago, 54 said:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354280.0

The absolute lack of self awareness in this is unfathomable :lol:

I looked into RAWK for the 1st time yesterday (God our forum is so much more professional, slicker and easy on the eye!) the self victimisation blew my mind that they actually think the officials are against them. Feckin’ delusional lot, fuck ‘em! :indi:

19 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I, for one, would love it if Liverpool fucked off. Just give them a league to themselves where they can win it every season and celebrate by self-flagellation. 

They'd still be calling it corrupt, seems to be the go to word when they don't win