The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

38 minutes ago, Decky said:

Should we change it to topfiveometer? Is it even possible for that place not to go to England this season?

Definitely very possible. Not probable, but possible.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Definitely very possible. Not probable, but possible.

Aye just did a bit of reading about it there. So its determined solely on what happens this season rather than any historic success. I could see Villa, Liverpool and City winning all 3 competitions or at least getting very far into them, with ourselves and everyone else from England at least getting out of our group stages. The EPL probably has the best chance of the 5th spot but nothings guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aye just did a bit of reading about it there. So its determined solely on what happens this season rather than any historic success. I could see Villa, Liverpool and City winning all 3 competitions or at least getting very far into them, with ourselves and everyone else from England at least getting out of our group stages. The EPL probably has the best chance of the 5th spot but nothings guaranteed. 

Yep, I’d say it’s very likely to be two out of us, Spain and Italy, so you’d take those odds.

Bruno F, Rashford, Garnacho, and Antony have hit 27 shots, only four on target. None of them have scored.

Only two games, but my suspicion is they'll need Hojlund to hit the ground running. Their team lacks goals.

10 hours ago, Decky said:

Man Utd have looked absolutely piss poor in the first two games. I had them as top 4 again this year but not sure now, although they had a worse start last season too.

Interested in why you thought they’d be top four this season? They were undeserving of their position last season and haven’t added to the team in any meaningful way. Casemiro is one year older/fatter. You’re right about this season so far, they’ve been shite, they have 3 more points than they deserve.

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Interested in why you thought they’d be top four this season? They were undeserving of their position last season and haven’t added to the team in any meaningful way. Casemiro is one year older/fatter. You’re right about this season so far, they’ve been shite, they have 3 more points than they deserve.

I don’t think Spurs and Chelsea will make it and thought we might drop off a bit with the extra games, but still finish 5th. Had Man Utd fluking their way to 4th. Based on the start of the season though I could see us being top 4 again no bother.

I think this next game against Liverpool is the true measure of where we are at this season.

You kind of expect to lose to City at their place and it’s a bit of a free hit. And we still managed to keep it to one goal despite not really turning up. 

Next week is big and I hope we absolutely trounce them. 

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

You're never undeserving of your league position. It's 38 games. There are no flukes. I would say we finished third last season because we kept the most clean sheets out of anyone which allowed us win 23 games despite not having a #9 who could score goals. Worth noting we played 24 games outside of the Premier League as well last year, and had a lot of injuries towards the end of the season. To say we were undeserving of third is utter nonsense.

Which leads me on to your next point of not adding to the team in any meaningful way... We've replaced Wout Weghorst with Rasmus Hojlund. :lol: De Gea was receiving a lot of criticism last season for his ability to play out from the back. We've replaced him with a keeper who has elite distribution. We were light in midfield and signed a midfielder in Mount. Mount hasn't started well, but come on, he's played two games. :lol: