The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I think Chelsea could win all their remaining fixtures, I actually think they're favourite for 6th.

Man U's games are tricky, they could drop a lot. We should get at least 6 points from our home games, but as we all know if we're playing away we could lose against Whitley Bay girls U12's.

Be happy with 7th, be over the moon if we can somehow snatch 6th.

Chelsea have won 5 PL games since 13th Jan, they'd do well to win five in a month.

7 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Chelsea have won 5 PL games since 13th Jan, they'd do well to win five in a month.

Looking at it like that, yes. But they look really good and have been unlucky in a lot of matches. Personally I think their league position is a bit false, but we'll see. I hope you're right because it's funny seeing them below us.

They are a bit of an enigma, feel like they have most parts of the puzzle but have spent all season trying to get them in the right order. I don’t really get Enzo and think they look loads better without him

32 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I think Chelsea could win all their remaining fixtures, I actually think they're favourite for 6th.

Man U's games are tricky, they could drop a lot. We should get at least 6 points from our home games, but as we all know if we're playing away we could lose against Whitley Bay girls U12's.

Be happy with 7th, be over the moon if we can somehow snatch 6th.

No chance Chelsea for 5 for 5, thier run in isn't any easier than ours and they're in worse form.

58 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The amount of people I speak to who say they want CL or nothing is ridiculous. I’d be over the moon with EL or even ECL considering the season we’ve had with injuries. 

I think it’s a bit of a hangover from the last 20 years or so. The financial differential between CL and no CL used to be even more severe but the increased PL money has narrowed the gap. It has also given all English teams a leg-up versus the rest of Europe, which means we are more likely to dominate the EL and ECL. This coming year you can add on the fact that CL clubs (finally) will not drop down to the EL mid-season.

Then there’s the fact that you have more games to contend with and the pressure on the squad…but that is also offset by the additional money available in England. Teams further down the PL are able to sustain larger squads than before and also attract more young players from abroad (and lower divisions) to their youth programmes.

Some clubs are better placed than others to exploit this, but when you factor in the good chance to win a meaningful trophy then it matters that little bit more too.

Think the ECL needs a re-brand. The word conference instantly makes it sound small time due to associations with things like the Conference League, Conference League Cup etc.

Edited by Skeletor

----------------------------------------------------
Manchester United Fixtures: Played 34-Points 54 Max Return- 66
Bournemouth (A)    Drew 2-2
Sheffield Utd (H)   Won  4-2
Burnley (H) Drew 1-1

Crystal Palace (A)
Arsenal (H)  
Brighton (A)  
Newcastle United  (H)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Ham United Fixtures: Played 35-Points 49 Max Return- 58
Fulham(H)     Lost 0-2
Crystal Palace (A)    Lost 5-2
Liverpool (H) Drew 2-2

Chelsea (A)

Luton (H)
Man City (A)
Newcastle United Fixtures: Played 34-Points 53 Max Return- 65
Tottenham (H)  Won 4-0
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 0-2
Sheffield Utd (H) Won 5-1

Burnley (A)
Brighton (H) 
Brentford (A)
Man United (A)
Chelsea Fixtures: Played 33-Points 49 Max Return- 64
Everton (H) Won 6-0
Arsenal (A) Lost  0-5
Aston Villa (A) Drew-2-2

Tottenham (H)
West Ham (H)
Nottm Forest (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Brighton (A)
Brighton & Hove Albion Fixtures: Played 34-Points 44 Max Return- 56
Burnley (A) Drew 1-1
Man City (H) Lost  0-4
Bournemouth (A)  Lost 0-3

Aston Villa (H)
Newcastle United (H)
Man United (H)
Chelsea (H)
Wolverhampton Wanderers Fixtures: Played 35-Points 46 Max Return- 55
Nottm Forest (A) Drew  2-2
Arsenal (H) Lost 0-2
Bournemouth (H) Lost 0-1
Luton (H) Won 2-1

Man City (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Liverpool (A)

8 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The amount of people I speak to who say they want CL or nothing is ridiculous. I’d be over the moon with EL or even ECL considering the season we’ve had with injuries. 

Also helps us build our European coefficient, so situations like a PSG Borussia Milan group stage doesnt happen again. 

Considering Man Utd and Chelsea's next fixtures, beating Burnley is absolutely essential.  Our Brighton game is looking less worrying as the weeks go by, it would all seem to hinge on the game at Old Trafford.

49 minutes ago, STM said:

Burnley is going to be annoyingly difficult. 

Not compared to the other games we've got left. We need to find a way to win.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Burnley are in decent form.

What is it we should be worried about specifically? I don't really pay much attention to them so not that well informed.

Presumably the answer is no

But if Villa win the Conference league and qualify for the CL would that release an additional Europa league place? As conference league winners qualify for Europa League 

2 minutes ago, ChrisJbarnes said:

Presumably the answer is no

But if Villa win the Conference league and qualify for the CL would that release an additional Europa league place? As conference league winners qualify for Europa League 

:thup:

8 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Think the ECL needs a re-brand. The word conference instantly makes it sound small time due to associations with things like the Conference League, Conference League Cup etc.

Rebrand to what? At the end of the day it's a third-tier tournament. The equivalent of the Papa Johns cup over here.

8 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Have always agreed with that but I think it's branded to sound deliberately subservient to the others, which is a shame. 

I think the EC has done remarkably well in its first few years.

Let's not forget, before that there was nothing/inter-toto, which was absolutely shite.

It's at the very least intriguing and half worth winning.

Considering Forest have Sheff Utd next up, Burnley have to beat us to have a chance of staying up when they play Forest on the last day of the season. Might work in our favour with them having to come out and attack......or it could be another Luton/Palace away performance from us.....

A good weekend for us, despite a dog shit performance yesterday. Of all the things that could have happened, Robin Olsen saving us at the death was the last I expected.

So, now, if Spurs lose at Chelsea midweek and Liverpool next weekend, and we beat Brighton on the Sunday, Spurs can no longer reach us.

And on top of that, there's a really decent chance Blues will get relegated and Albion will fail to reach the play offs.

FUCKING HELL, please. However, what could possibly go wrong?

I was also thinking, if we were to win the Conference League, that'd normally put us into the Europa League, but if that happens and we finish fourth or even fifth (which is mathematically guaranteed now), what happens to that extra Europa League place? Does that shuffle further down the league?